Overture Films will give an in-depth preview of Let Me In, the haunting and provocative thriller written and directed by Cloverfield helmer Matt Reeves, including an extended sneak peek at the highly anticipated film.
Also in attendance will be Simon Oakes, CEO of the legendary British film brand Hammer Films, part of the production team behind Let Me In.
The legendary cult favorite production studio Hammer Films was originally launched in 1934 and was responsible for a series of cult classics starting in the 1950s including Gothic classics Dracula and The Curse of Frankenstein and The Quartermass Xperiment. Hammer went on to produce a huge volume of films which included such titles as The Plague of the Zombies, The Nanny, Quartermass and the Pit, The Devil Rides Out and One Million Years B.C.
Let Me In is an astonishing coming-of-age tale involving a young girl (Kick Ass’s Chloe Moretz) and an alienated boy (Kodi Smit-McPhee from The Road) unlike any you have seen. Based on the bestselling Swedish novel Lat den Ratte Komma (Let The Right One In) by John Ajvide Lindqvist and the highly acclaimed film of the same name, Let Me In takes audiences straight to the troubled heart of adolescent longing and loneliness. Academy Award–nominee Richard Jenkins (The Visitor) also stars in this exhilarating reboot of the cult favorite original horror.
The Overture Films’ Let Me In panel will take place on Saturday, July 24th, from 1:30-2:30, inside of Hall H.
- Categories: News
- Tags: Lat den Ratte Komma
- People / Bands: Chloe Moretz | John Ajvide Lindqvist | Kodi Smit-McPhee | Matt Reeves | Richard Jenkins | Simon Oakes
- Shows / Movies: Cloverfield | Dracula | Kick-Ass | Let Me In | Let the Right One In | One Million Years B.C. | Quartermass and the Pit | The Curse of Frankenstein | The Devil Rides Out | The Nanny | The Plague of the Zombies | The Quartermass Xperiment | The Road | The Visitor
- Genres: Cult Cinema | Horror | Remakes | Teenage | Vampires
- Event Names: Comic Con International: San Diego (San Diego Comic Con)
- Companies: Hammer Films
- Story Types: Events