Recently discovered and restored 46 years after its completion by the George A. Romero Foundation and produced by Suzanne Desrocher-Romero, The Amusement Park stars Lincoln Maazel (Martin) as an elderly man who finds himself disoriented and increasingly isolated as the pains, tragedies and humiliations of aging in America are manifested through roller coasters and chaotic crowds. Commissioned by the Lutheran Society, the film is perhaps Romero’s wildest and most imaginative movie, an allegory about the nightmarish realities of growing older, and is an alluring snapshot of the filmmaker’s early artistic capacity and style and would go on to inform his ensuing filmography. The “lost” film was restored in 4k by IndieCollect in New York City.
In addition to Lincoln Maazel, The Amusement Park also features Harry Albacker, Phyllis Casterwiler, Pete Chovan, Marion Cook, Sally Erwin, Michael Gornick
The Amusement Park will be available exclusively on horror streaming platform Shudder beginning June 8th, 2021.
- Categories: News
- Formats: Video
- People / Bands: George A. Romero | Harry Albacker | Lincoln Maazel | Marion Cook | Michael Gornick | Pete Chovan | Phyllis Casterwiler | Sally Erwin | Suzanne Desrocher-Romero
- Shows / Movies: The Amusement Park
- Genres: Drama | Horror | Thrillers
- Companies: George A. Romero Foundation | Shudder
- Story Types: News | Imagery > Posters | Video > Trailers