- Product Types: Photo Prints | Reprints
- Lines: Cult Flavor
- Genres: Exploitation | Grindhouse | Mature | Sexploitation
- Studios: Hit Pictures
- Visit our poster shop POSTER CRUSH: Art & Creativity | Comics & Fantasy Art | Events | Gaming | Movies & TV | Music | Sports
- Visit our photo gallery HIT PICTURES: Aerial | Animal | Architectural | Black and White | Cityscape | Creativity | Entertainment | Event | Landscape | Photojournalism | Portrait | Sexy and Erotic | Sport | Transportation
- This photo print is created with a high-end Epson Stylus Pro 3880 using the highest quality UltraChrome K3 Archival Pigment Inks on Professional Photo Paper.
- Prints are made directly from a super-high resolution scan of the original source negative, unless otherwise noted in the listing description.
- Photo colors may vary slightly due to differences in monitors or device screens.
- Watermark will not appear on your photo.
- This item is sold as a collectible with no rights given or implied. We own the copyright to this image or own the original source negative. We also print public domain images and use a variety of sources for them, never knowingly listing infringing material. It is our belief that those items are in the public domain and do not infringe anyone's copyright. If you believe that this item is in violation of your owned copyright, we ask that you please contact us and submit your copyright for review. Once verified, we will remove the item.
This rare photo of the Art Theatre, an adult cinema in downtown Los Angeles, was taken in February of 1974. The XXX movie theater was surrounded by a pawn shop called OK Jewelry and Loan Company, a Spanish eatery called La Cocina, and Harold’s Entertainment cocktail lounge. Art Theatre was located downstairs from the Howell Hotel, which may have been used to bring those on-screen fantasies to life at the time.
The Art Theatre was one of more than 20 movie theaters located on South Main Street in downtown LA. The cinema originally opened in 1925 and seated 350 people. The grindhouse was operated by West Coast Theatres, which went on to become Fox West Coast Theatres.
- Material: Semi-Gloss Photo Paper
- Size: 11 x 8.5 in / 19 x 13 in