On May 12th, 2009, Paramount Home Entertainment will release the cult comedy classic Galaxy Quest, in brand new Deluxe Edition DVD. The cast, including Tim Allen (Wild Hogs), Sigourney Weaver (Baby Mama), Alan Rickman (Sweeney Todd), Tony Shalhoub (Monk), Sam Rockwell (Confessions of a Dangerous Mind), Enrico Colantoni (Just Shoot Me), Daryl Mitchell (Ed) and Justin Long (He’s Just Not That Into You), is just as funny today as they were ten years ago when the film premiered in theaters. The DVD is packed with fun special features such as The Story of Galaxy Quest, By Grabthar’s Hammer, What Amazing Effects, Deleted Scenes and Sigourney Weaver’s rap.
To celebrate the release, FilmFetish is getting two copies of the new DVD edition to give away to readers.
In order to be entered in the random drawing one of the DVDs, here’s what you need to do:
- As always, you need to be a member of, or sign-up for our eNews, if you’re not already. CLICK HERE to do that. It’s totally free.
- Reply to this post, and tell me the name of the funniest film you’ve seen so far in 2009.
I’ll be running this contest through the DVD release date of May12th, 2009. Good luck!
More about the release
By Grabthar’s hammer, the intrepid crew of the NSEA Protector is back in an all-new Deluxe Edition of the classic comedy Galaxy Quest, arriving in our solar system May 12, 2009 on DVD from Paramount Home Entertainment.
Featuring an out-of-this-world all-star cast including Tim Allen (Wild Hogs), Sigourney Weaver (Baby Mama), Alan Rickman (Sweeney Todd), Tony Shalhoub (“Monk”), Sam Rockwell (Confessions of a Dangerous Mind), Enrico Colantoni (Just Shoot Me), Daryl Mitchell (Ed) and Justin Long (He’s Just Not That Into You), this rollicking send-up of sci-fi fanaticism is as funny today as it was when it premiered in theaters 10 years ago.
The Galaxy Quest Deluxe Edition DVD features a stellar array of all-new bonus material including new interviews with the actors and filmmakers discussing how the film came together and what they think of it today; a look at the extraordinarily talented and diverse cast; an exploration of the visual effects created by ILM and Stan Winston; the story of how the mannerisms of the Thermian race evolved; Sigourney Weaver rapping and so much more.
The Galaxy Quest Deluxe Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, Spanish 5.1 Surround and Thermian 2.0 Surround with English, French and Spanish subtitles. Bonus features include:
- Historical Documents: The Story of Galaxy Quest – Actors and filmmakers discuss how Galaxy Quest came together, why it still works today and what they think of the film 10 years later. Includes new interviews with Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman, Tony Shalhoub, Sam Rockwell, Daryl Mitchell, Justin Long, Missi Pyle, Enrico Colantoni and respected Star Trek feature film writer and director Nicholas Meyer.
- Never Give Up, Never Surrender: The Intrepid Crew of the NSEA Protector—This featurette celebrates one of the most talented and diverse casts of fake sci-fi actors of all time.
- By Grabthar’s Hammer, What Amazing Effects— Explores the special effects, visual effects and creature effects created by ILM and famed effects artist Stan Winston.
- Alien School – Creating the Thermian Race— The story of how actor Enrico Colantoni developed the voice and manner of an alien race.
- Actors in Space—Delves deep into the psyche of a cast the likes of which have never been seen together before.
- Sigourney Weaver Raps—Needs no further explanation.
- Deleted Scenes (previously released)
- Thermian Audio Track (previously released)
- Theatrical Trailer (previously released)