I read on a few websites that the trailer for Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds will debut sometime today, and I decided to search Youtube, and came up with these great scenes from the original Enzo Castellari action film Inglorious Bastards (Quel maledetto treno blindato), which was originally called Deadly Mission here in the U.S. If you’re not familiar with the movie, check out the clips below.
I’ll post the trailer for the new film as soon as it’s available, hopefully today.
Below is the trailer for Inglorious Bastards, mixed in with clips of Quentin Tarantino interviewing the original movie’s director, Enzo G. Castellari. the entire interview is featured on a special edition DVD release of the war epic from Severin Films, which is available RIGHT HERE.
And here is a scene from the film, featuring the ‘Bastards’ in action, inside a Nazi stronghold.
CLICK HERE to watch another extended story trailer for the original movie.
Enzo G. Castellari’s Inglorious Bastards stars Bo Svenson, Peter Hooten, Fred Williamson, Michael Pergolani, Jackie Basehart, Michel Constantin, Debra Berger, Raimund Harmstorf, Ian Bannen, Flavio Andreini, Peter Boom, Vito Fornari, Manfred Freyberger, Joshua Sinclair, Mike Morris, Donald O’Brien, Gerard Schwarz, Bryan Rostron, and was originally released in theaters on February 8, 1978.
Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds stars Brad Pitt, Diane Kruger, Melanie Laurent, Christoph Waltz, Daniel Bruhl, Eli Roth, Samm Levine, B.J. Novak, Til Schweiger, Mike Myers, Samuel L. Jackson, Cloris Leachman, Michael Fassbender, Christian Berkel, Julie Dreyfus and Maggie Cheung, and is scheduled to hit theaters on August 21, 2009.
You can CLICK HERE to see photos from director Enzo Castellari’s 70th birthday party last year, at The Italian Cultural Institute in Westwood, California, which coincided with the street date of the original Inglorious Bastards DVD, and was attended by the film’s stars, including Bo Svenson and Fred Williamson, as well as Lou Ferrigno (Sinbad), John Saxon (Enter the Dragon), John Steiner (Sinbad, Striker) and Edd ‘Kookie’ Byrnes (Renegade Riders, Any Gun Can Play).
Here’s the official synopsis from last year’s DVD release:
Whatever the Dirty Dozen did they do it dirtier!
Three Disc Collector’s Edition Includes Exclusive New Bonus Features And Never-Before-Released Soundtrack CD
“Whatever THE DIRTY DOZEN did,” screamed the ads, “they do it dirtier!” THE INGLORIOUS BASTARDS is more than just the inspiration for Quentin Tarantino’s long-rumored next movie; this 1978 international smash remains perhaps the biggest and most badass war movie in EuroCult history! Exploitation legends Fred ‘The Hammer’ Williamson and Bo (WALKING TALL, KILL BILL) Svenson star as the leaders of a gang of condemned criminals who escape from an Allied prison camp with a plan to blast their way to the Swiss border, only to find themselves ‘volunteering’ for a suicide mission deep inside Nazi occupied France. Academy Award nominee Ian Bannen (FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX, BRAVEHEART) co-stars in this explosive action epic from director Enzo Castellari (STREET LAW, THE BIG RACKET), now fully restored from original vault elements for the first time ever in America!
DVD Extras Include:
- A Conversation With Quentin Tarantino and Enzo Castellari – an all-new featurette with the two legendary directors
- Audio Commentary with Director Enzo Castellari
- Train Kept-A-Rollin – Documentary with Director Enzo Castellari, Stars Fred Williamson, Bo Svenson and Massimo Vanni, Special Effects Artist Gino de Rossi, Producer Roberto Sbarigia, and Screenwriter Romano Toscano
- Locations featurette with Director Enzo Castellari and Special Effects Artist Gino de Rossi
- Theatrical Trailer
- Bonus Soundtrack CD
CLICK HERE to buy the original special edition DVD.
- Categories: News
- People / Bands: B.J. Novak | Bo Svenson | Brad Pitt | Bryan Rostron | Christian Berkel | Christoph Waltz | Cloris Leachman | Daniel Bruhl | Debra Berger | Diane Kruger | Donald O'Brien | Edd Kookie Byrnes | Eli Roth | Enzo Castellari | Enzo G. Castellari | Flavio Andreini | Fred Williamson | Gerard Schwarz | Ian Bannen | Jackie Basehart | John Saxon | John Steiner | Joshua Sinclair | Julie Dreyfus | Maggie Cheung | Manfred Freyberger | Melanie Laurent | Michael Fassbender | Michael Pergolani | Michel Constantin | Mike Morris | Mike Myers | Peter Boom | Peter Hooten | Quentin Tarantino | Raimund Harmstorf | Samm Levine | Samuel L. Jackson | Til Schweiger | Vito Fornari
- Shows / Movies: Deadly Mission | Inglourious Bastards | Inglourious Basterds | Quel maledetto treno blindato
- Genres: History | Remakes | War
- Story Types: Home Theater | News | Snapshots | Video > Trailers