On February 3rd 2009, Paramount will release Flashdance, as part of the I Love the 80’s DVD series of film releases. To celebrate the release, FilmFetish.com has gotten our hands on 2 copies of the Special Edition DVDs to give away to readers. This release also includes a bonus CD containing songs by some of the 80’s era top recording artists.
The unique decade that was the 1980s. The music, the fashion, but especially the movies. Paramount and VH1 celebrate the best films of the decade in the second wave of the I Love the 80’s Collection. From Academy Award-winning dramas Ordinary People, An Officer and a Gentleman and The Accused, to the inspired hilarity of The Naked Gun: From The Files of Police Squad, Top Secret and Cheech & Chong Still Smokin’. Thirty of the most memorable motion pictures released between 1980 and 1989 are available nationwide on DVD on February 3, 2009—accompanied by a special bonus CD containing songs by some of the era’s top recording artists.
The second installation in the I Love the ‘80s film series gives preppies, punks and everyone else who loved the ‘80s a chance to take home a little bit of fun pop culture history. This unique collaboration between Paramount Home Entertainment and VH1 debuted in August 2008 with 40 of the decade’s outstanding films. In addition to the bonus CD, the promotion offers consumers two free music downloads with the DVD purchase (while supplies last) giving you even more opportunity to relive the 80’s.
Anyone who’s gotten hooked on VH1’s TV show I Love the ‘80s, with its vivid flashbacks of the decade’s people, pop culture, fashions and fads, will find plenty to love in the I Love the ‘80s DVD series.
Stars including Jodie Foster, Richard Gere, Meg Ryan, Michael Douglas, Mel Gibson, Mark Harmon, Kevin Costner, Sean Connery, Jack Nicholson, Meryl Streep, Faye Dunaway, Helena Bonham Carter and Arsenio Hall appear in classic movies that couldn’t have been made in any other decade.
To get your chance to be in the random drawing for one of the Flashdance DVD prizes, here’s what you need to do:
- As always, sign-up for the e-Newsletter, if you’re not already. CLICK HERE to do that.
- Reply to this post, and tell us the name of your favorite dance film from any decade. This can be a musical, i.e. Carmen Jones (1954), Chicago (2002) or Singin’ in the Rain (1952), or films that featured music, i.e. Flashdance (1983), Beat Street (1984) or Bird (1988).
More about this release
A hit movie that became a cultural sensation, Flashdance delivers an electrifying mix of music, drama and dance that dazzles the senses as it touches the heart. Jennifer Beals stars as Alex Owens, a fiercely determined 18-year-old with one all-consuming dream: to study at the Pittsburgh Conservatory of Dance. Working during the day as a welder and at night as an exotic dancer. Alex bravely pursues her dream, undertaking an unforgettable journey that reveals the power of her convictions and teaches her the meaning of love. Directed by Adrian Lyne (Fatal Attraction, 9 ½ Weeks) and featuring the Oscar –winning song “Flashdance—What a Feeling,” Flashdance is sparkling entertainment.
Director: Adrian Lyne
Actors: Jennifer Beals, Michael Nouri, Lilia Skala, Sunny Johnson, Kyle Heffner, Lee Ving, Belinda Bauer, Ron Karabatsos, Malcom Danare, Philip Bruns, Micole Mercurio, Liz Sagal, Cynthia Rhodes
Street Date: February 3, 2009
Runtime: 1 Hr. 34 Min. Sec.
Languages: English Subtitled, French Dubbed & Subtitled, Portuguese Dubbed & Subtitled, Spanish Dubbed & Subtit
Audio: 2.0 Surround, 5.1 Surround, Dolby Digital, Mono
- The History of: Flashdance
- The Look of Flashdance
- Flashdance: Music and Songs
- Flashdance: The Choreography
- Releasing the Flashdance Phenomenon
- Trailers: Teaser Trailer
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Check out the trailer for Flashdance below.
- People / Bands: Adrian Lyne | Arsenio Hall | Belinda Bauer | Brian De Palma | Cynthia Rhodes | Faye Dunaway | Helena Bonham Carter | Jack Nicholson | Jennifer Beals | Jodie Foster | Kevin Costner | Kyle Heffner | Lee Ving | Lilia Skala | Liz Sagal | Malcom Danare | Marine Jahan | Mark Harmon | Meg Ryan | Mel Gibson | Meryl Streep | Michael Douglas | Michael Nouri | Micole Mercurio | Philip Bruns | Richard Gere | Ron Karabatsos | Sean Connery | Sunny Johnson
- Genres: Cult Cinema | Drama | Musical
- Story Types: Contests | News | Snapshots | Trailers