It’s time to unleash the beast within and join the pack as Scream Factory presents the ferocious 1981 classic The Howling Collector’s Edition on Blu-ray and DVD June 18, 2013. Directed by legendary filmmaker Joe Dante (Gremlins) and written by John Sayles and Terence H. Winkless, this massive cult hit is based on the popular novel by Gary Brandner. The all-star cast includes Dee Wallace (E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Cujo), Patrick MacNee (The Avengers, A View to a Kill), Dennis Dugan (Happy Gilmore), Christopher Stone (Cujo), Belinda Balaski (Piranha), Kevin McCarthy (Innerspace), John Carradine (The Twilight Zone), Slim Pickens (Dr. Strangelove), Elisabeth Brooks (Deep Space) and Robert Picardo (Star Trek: Voyager). Brimming with edge-of-your-seat suspense and awesome make-up effects courtesy of Rob Bottin (The Thing), this riveting werewolf tale sinks its teeth into your deepest fears and never lets go.
For the first time ever on Blu-ray, this definitive collector’s edition home entertainment release of The Howling features anamorphic widescreen movie presentation and is packed with a bounty of special bonus content, a collectible cover featuring newly rendered retro-style artwork, a reversible wrap with original theatrical key art and more.
Severely shaken after a near-fatal encounter with a serial killer, TV newscaster Karen White (Dee Wallace) takes some much-needed time off. Hoping to conquer her inner demons, she heads for “the Colony,” a secluded retreat where her new neighbors are just a tad too eager to make her feel at home. Also, there seems to be a bizarre link between her would-be attacker and this supposedly safe haven.
And when, after nights of being tormented by savage shrieks and unearthly cries, Karen ventures into the forest to find answers, she makes a terrifying discovery. Now she must fight not only for her life… but for her very soul.
The Howling Collector’s Edition Special Bonus Content:
- All-New Scream Factory Extras
- Audio Commentary with Author Gary Brandner
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Audio Commentary from Director Joe Dante
- Horror’s Hallowed Grounds- A look at the film’s location
- Interview with Stop-Motion Animator Dave Allen
- New Interviews with screenwriter Terence Winkless, Executive Producer Steven A. Lane and editor Mark Goldblatt
- Extras carried over from prior DVD release
- Audio Commentary With Director Joe Dante And Actors Dee Wallace, Christopher Stone and Robert Picardo
- Unleashing the Beast: The Making Of The Howling Multi-part Documentary
- Making Of A Monster: Inside The Howling Documentary
- Photo Gallery
- Theatrical Trailers