FilmFetish is celebrating this Fourth of July with an exciting giveaway from A&E, which tells the true story of some of America s greatest war triumphs and most bitter defeats. We’re giving away three prize packs, each featuring the multi-disc collections The World Wars: The Complete History of WWI and WWII and Ultimate Collections: World War II.
In order to be entered into the Fourth of July prize pack giveaway drawing:
- Visit our Facebook page at facebook.com/filmfetish and make sure you’ve ‘Liked’ us.
- THEN, post the following comment EXACTLY AS IS, on our Facebook Wall: “I just entered a contest for a FREE FilmFetish.com DVD Prize Pack. Find out more info at www.FilmFetish.com/go/4th-prizepack-2012”
I’ll be running the Fourth of July prize pack giveaway contest through Wednesday, July 11th, 2012, the start of the biggest fanboy event in the nation, San Diego Comic-Con.
World War II encompassed some of America s greatest triumphs and most bitter defeats. The History Channel Ultimate Collections: World War II is a comprehensive and intimate survey of this epic war featuring nearly 30 of its greatest World War II documentaries, each packed with original archival footage, interviews with military experts and historians, and gripping reenactments.
This essential 10 disc anthology of the greatest war of the 20th century includes:
- WORLD WAR II: THE WAR IN EUROPE
Eight documentaries survey the war s massive scope in Europe.
- WORLD WAR II: THE WAR IN THE PACIFIC
Seven documentaries examine the impetus and aftermath of the battle in the Pacific.
- BIOGRAPHY: GENERAL DOUGLAS MacARTHUR: RETURN OF A LEGEND
The great MacArthur helped win World War II with a simple promise: I shall return.
- OKINAWA: THE FINAL BATTLE
Relive the final engagement of World War II, in which over 250,000 people joined in a desperate fight.
- EMPIRES OF INDUSTRY: WAR PLANES OF WWII
Learn about the birth of America s aviation industry and some of the greatest fighter planes ever produced.
- NUREMBERG: TYRANNY ON TRIAL
Bear witness to the accusations, hearings, and sentencing of Nazi war criminals.
- GREAT BLUNDERS OF WORLD WAR II
Eight documentaries expose the fatal errors and bungled opportunities that changed the course of history.
Both comprehensive and intimate, The World Wars: The Complete History of WWI and WWII is a survey of some of history’s most critical engagements, a broad collection of documentary programming that details the world-changing events of World War I and World War II, including the battles and strategies, the men and machines, and the horror and heroism that marked these epic conflicts. Experience in WWI: The Great War the birth of the “War To End All Wars” and the tragic, final day on November 11, when over 13,000 men died. In the four-year period from 1914-1918, the war was responsible for over 40 million casualties and over 20 million deaths. And see the momentous triumphs and most bitter defeats of the second World War in Ultimate Collections: World War II, an anthology of the most significant war of the 20th century featuring original archival footage, interviews with military experts and historians, and gripping reenactments.
The World Wars: The Complete History of WWI and WWII contains the following programs:
- DISC 1: Weapons at War: Most Decorated: The Doughboys / WWI: Death of Glory / Declassified: Secrets of WWI
- DISC 2: Dogfights: The First Dogfighters / Man, Moment, Machine: Red Baron and the Wings of Death / Weapons at War: Airships / Deep Sea Detectives: Mystery U-Boat of WWI
- DISC 3: Battlefield Detectives: WWI: Jutland / Battlefield Detectives: WWI: The Somme / John J. Pershing: The Iron General
- DISC 4: Dear Home: Letters from WWI / Last Day of WWI: 11th Month, 11th Day, 11th Hour
- DISC 5: WWII: The War In Europe, Part 1 – The Greatest Conflict / North Africa The Desert War / The Beachhead at Anzio / D-Day The Normandy Invasion
- DISC 6: WWII: The War In Europe, Part 2 – Pursuit to the Rhine / The Bomber Offensive: Air War in Europe / The Battle of the Bulge / The Battle of Germany
- DISC 7: WWII: The War In The Pacific, Part 1 – Island Hopping: The Road Back / Jungle Warfare: New Guinea to Burma / Air War in the Pacific / The Bloody Ridges of Peleliu
- DISC 8: WWII: The War In The Pacific, Part 2 – The Return to the Philippines / Okinawa The Last Battle / Biography: Admiral William “Bull” Halsey: Naval Warrior
- DISC 9: Biography: General Douglas MacArthur: Return of a Legend
- DISC 10: Okinawa: The Final Battle
- DISC 11: Empires of Industry: War Planes Of World War II
- DISC 12: Nuremberg: Tyranny On Trial