Countdown to Zero opened in New York City last Friday, July 23rd and will open in Los Angeles this Friday, July 30th. To support the release of this important and sobering documentary, FilmFetish is giving our readers the chance to win an incredible indie film prize pack including:
- A full-size Countdown to Zero poster signed by director Lucy Walker, producer Lawrence Bender (Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Good Will Hunting, upcoming Kill Bill: Vol. 3) and Countdown to Zero narrator and former CIA operative Valerie Plame Wilson.
- A DVD bundle including the Magnolia DVD titles No End in Sight, Food Inc. and Man On Wire.
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered to win this and all other contests, your eNews profile must be updated with your current mailing address, not just your email. CLICK HERE for further details and instructions on how update your existing profile, if necessary. Only eNews subscribers are eligible for contest prizes. Sign up for free RIGHT HERE.
In order to be entered into this random drawing, you must also:
- Reply to this post and name your favorite four Magnolia Pictures’ films from my list RIGHT HERE, and you must state WHY you enjoyed these films in order to be entered in the random drawing.
I’ll be running the Countdown to Zero contest through August 13, 2010.
More about Countdown to Zero
Countdown to Zero traces the history of the atomic bomb from its origins to the present state of global affairs: nine nations possessing nuclear weapons capabilities with others racing to join them, with the world held in a delicate balance that could be shattered by an act of terrorism, failed diplomacy, or a simple accident. Written and directed by acclaimed documentarian Lucy Walker (The Devil’s Playground, Blindsight), the film features an array of important international statesmen, including President Jimmy Carter, Mikhail Gorbachev, Pervez Musharraf and Tony Blair. It makes a compelling case for worldwide nuclear disarmament, an issue more topical than ever with the Obama administration working to revive this goal today. The film was produced by Academy Award winner and current nominee Lawrence Bender (Inglourious Basterds, An Inconvenient Truth) and developed, financed and executive produced by Participant Media, together with World Security Institute. Participant collaborated with Magnolia on last year’s Food, Inc., recently nominated for an Academy Award, and the upcoming Casino Jack and the United States of Money. Jeff Skoll, Diane Weyermann, Bruce Blair and Matt Brown are the film’s executive producers.
Check out this exclusive and very scary clip from Countdown to Zero.
Find out more about Countdown to Zero at takepart.com/countdowntozero.
- Categories: News
- Formats: Video
- People / Bands: Bruce Blair | Diane Weyermann | Jackie Brown | Jeff Skoll | Lawrence Bender | Lucy Walker | Matt Brown | Mikhail Gorbachev | Pervez Musharraf | President Jimmy Carter | Tony Blair | Valerie Plame Wilson
- Shows / Movies: An Inconvenient Truth | Blindsight | Casino Jack and the United States of Money | Countdown to Zero | Food Inc | Good Will Hunting | Inglourious Basterds | Kill Bill: Volume 3 | No End in Sight | The Devil’s Playground
- Genres: Documentary | Thrillers | War
- Story Types: Contests | Snapshots