Weight: 0.12 lbs
Condition: VF Very Fine - This item is used. See Details section and photos for specifics on item condition.
Product Types: Products | Movies & TV
Genres: Adventure | Animation | Anime | Documentary | History
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
Item Release Date: November 30, 2010
Visit our main page for additional items Here.
By the mid-1980s, the fabled animation studios of Walt Disney had fallen on hard times. The artists were polarized between newcomers hungry to innovate and old timers not yet ready to relinquish control. These conditions produced a series of box-office flops and pessimistic forecasts – maybe the best days of animation were over. Maybe the public didn’t care. Only a miracle or a magic spell could produce a happy ending. Waking Sleeping Beauty is no fairy tale. It’s the true story of how Disney regained its magic with a staggering output of hits – “The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Aladdin,” “The Lion King,” and more – over a 10-year period.
- Why Wake Sleeping Beauty? – Overview featurette
- Untold Bedtime Stories – Deleted scenes from the feature
- The Sailor, the Mountain Climber, the Artist and the Poet – Celebrating Roy Disney, Frank Wells, Joe Ranft, and Howard Ashman
- Studio Tours – Randy’s tours, Roger Rabbit studio, Oliver studio, and the tour we shot at ARL
- A Reunion – Rob Minkoff and Kirk Wise
- Walt - What would Walt do AND compare Walt’s era and this era
- 3 webisode shorts
- Gallery – Photos, caricatures, and art from the era
- Collectible Lithograph
- Number of Discs: 1
- Region: 1