The World Premiere of producer Samuel Hadida’s Solomon Kane, based on Conan the Barbarian-creator Robert E. Howard’s original epic tales, and written & directed by Michael J. Bassett, will be screened as part of the Toronto International Film Festival’s Midnight Madness line-up tomorrow night, September 16th, at the Ryerson Theatre.
‘Kane’ stars James Purefoy (from The Philanthropist, Rome and Vanity Fair) as the titular character, along with Max von Sydow, James Babson, Laura Baranik, Geoff Bell, Matthew Blood-Smyth, Brian Caspe, John Comer, Mackenzie Crook, Christian Dunckley Clark, Jason Flemyng, Patrick Hurd-Wood, Rachel Hurd-Wood, Ryan James, Alice Krige, Rory McCann, Andrea Miltner, Kenny Mitchell, Stewart Moore, Beryl Nesbitt, Mark O’Neal, Pete Postlethwaite, Samuel Roukin, Robert Russell, Ben Steel, Lucas Stone, Gordon Truefitt, Marek Vasut, Philip Waley, Andrew Whitlaw, Ian Whyte, Anthony Wilks and Philip Winchester.
With Solomon Kane, Conan and his other heroes, iconic American writer Robert E. Howard created the genre now known as “Sword & Sorcery,” in the late 1920s and early 1930s. His work has spawned countless imitators and given rise to his influence in the fantasy genre, which can be rivaled only by J.R.R. Tolkien (Lord of the Rings).
According to reports, Solomon Kane, which is set to have its first U.S. screening on September 24th at Austin’s Fantastic Fest, is the first of a proposed trilogy of movies.
Click on the image above to see a larger version.
- Categories: News
- Tags: Fantastic Fest | film festivals | film screenings
- People / Bands: Alice Krige | Andrea Miltner | Andrew Whitlaw | Anthony Wilks | Ben Steel | Beryl Nesbitt | Brian Caspe | Christian Dunckley Clark | Geoff Bell | Gordon Truefitt | Ian Whyte | J.R.R. Tolkien | James Babson | James Purefoy | Jason Flemyng | John Comer | Kenny Mitchell | Laura Baranik | Lucas Stone | Mackenzie Crook | Marek Vasut | Mark O'Neal | Matthew Blood-Smyth | Max Von Sydow | Michael J. Bassett | Patrick Hurd-Wood | Pete Postlethwaite | Philip Waley | Philip Winchester | Rachel Hurd-Wood | Robert E. Howard | Robert Russell | Rory McCann | Ryan James | Samuel Hadida | Samuel Roukin | Solomon Kane | Stewart Moore
- Shows / Movies: Conan the Barbarian | Lord of the Rings | Rome | The Philanthropist | Vanity Fair
- Genres: Action | Adventure | Fantasy | History
- Event Names: Toronto International Film Festival
- Story Types: Events | News | Imagery > Still Images