On June 2nd, Paramount Home Entertainment will release the Oscar-nominated Revolutionary Road on DVD and Blu-ray. Nominated for three Academy Awards and four Golden Globes, everyone who believes in family, everyone who believes in keepin’ it real, must experience the emotionally gripping Revolutionary Road.
For those of you who missed this film in theaters, here’s your opportunity to win a free copy to enjoy. In order to be entered in the random drawing, here’s what you need to do:
- As always, you need to be a member of, or sign-up for our eNews, if you’re not already. CLICK HERE to do that. It’s totally free.
- Reply to this post, and tell us the name of some films coming out this year that you feel should be nominated for Academy Awards during the next awards season.
I’ll be running this contest through the release date of June 2nd, 2009. Good luck.
More about this release:
Revolutionary Road arrives on DVD and Blu-ray on June 2nd, 2009 from Paramount Home Entertainment.
Nominated for three Academy Awards and four Golden Globes, the emotionally gripping film has been called “amazing” (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone), “flawless” (Rex Reed, New York Observer) and a “masterpiece” (Mick LaSalle, San Francisco Chronicle). Directed by Oscar winner Sam Mendes (American Beauty) and adapted from the groundbreaking novel by Richard Yates, Revolutionary Road won Kate Winslet her first Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama. Reuniting DiCaprio and Winslet for the first time on screen since Titanic, the incisive portrait of a 1950s American marriage unfolds as an enthralling drama that is moving, thought-provoking and “a revelation” (Clay Smith, The Insider).
The Revolutionary Road DVD and Blu-ray presentations include commentary by director Sam Mendes and screenwriter Justin Haythe, Lives of Quiet Desperation: The Making of Revolutionary Road and deleted scenes. The Blu-ray also includes Richard Yates: The Wages of Truth.
Revolutionary Road DVD and Blu-ray
The Revolutionary Road DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, French 5.1 Surround and Spanish 5.1 Surround and English, French and Spanish subtitles. The Blu-ray disc is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD, French 5.1 Dolby Digital and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. The discs include the following special features in high definition as noted:
- Commentary by director Sam Mendes and screenwriter Justin Haythe
- Lives of Quite Desperation: The Making of Revolutionary Road (HD)
- Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by director Sam Mendes and screenwriter Justin Haythe (HD)
- Richard Yates: The Wages of Truth (HD) – Blu-ray only
- Categories: News
- Tags: Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- People / Bands: Clay Smith | Justin Haythe | Kate Winslet | Mick LaSalle | Peter Travers | Rex Reed | Richard Yates | Sam Mendes
- Shows / Movies: Revolutionary Road | Titanic
- Genres: Drama | Thrillers
- Story Types: Contests | Home Theater | Snapshots