Brad Pitt turned Homer’s epic poem The Iliad into the 2004 film Troy. Now Warner Bros. is hoping to team Pitt up with George Miller to adapt the Greek poet’s other masterwork, The Odyssey. Their intention is to transfer the tale to a futuristic setting in outer space, if you can believe that.
Both Homer poems revolve around the Trojan War, with The Odyssey focused on the exploits of Odysseus, who hatched the idea to build the Trojan Horse. The epic verses deal with his long journey home after he declines to become a god.
Pitt will next be seen in David Fincher’s The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and just began shooting the Quentin Tarantino film Inglourious Basterds in Berlin, Germany, which follows a group of Jewish-American soldiers known as The Basterds, who are chosen to spread fear throughout the Third Reich by scalping and brutally killing Nazis during World War II.
Film Fetish Trivia: George Miller is also attached to direct the film Justice League: Mortal for Warner Bros., one of many comic based films, coming to theaters in the next three years, this one based on the D.C. Comics franchise, which Warner’s is looking to revive in a big way against Marvel’s recent success. The potential storyline of Mortal revolves around Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash and Green Lantern of the JLA, as they deal with the expulsion of Batman and the death of Superman at the hands of Doomsday. This storyline has not been confirmed, nor have rumors of who will be playing the characters. Actors rumored to be attached to the film include:
- Adam Brody as The Flash
- Teresa Palmer as Talia Al Ghul
- Common as Green Lantern
- Armie Hammer as Batman
- D.J. Cotrona as Superman
- Santiago Cabrera as Aquaman
- Megan Gale as Wonder Woman
- Zoe Kazan as Iris Allen
- Hugh Keays-Byrne as Martian Manhunter
Below is the trailer for the film Troy.
- Categories: News
- People / Bands: Adam Brody | Armie Hammer | Brad Pitt | Common | D.J. Cotrona | David Fincher | George Miller | Homer | Hugh Keays-Byrne | Megan Gale | Quentin Tarantino | Santiago Cabrera | Teresa Palmer | Zoe Kazan
- Genres: Action | Adventure | Comic Based | History | Science Fiction
- Story Types: News | Snapshots | Video > Trailers