Shout Factory’s cult horror imprint Scream Factory is hosting a “Summer of Fear” DVD and Blu-ray line-up this season and the brand is celebrating their arrivals with an online horror film revival screening series for the month of June.
The party began in May with the releases of Final Exam, Evilspeak, Nosferatu the Vampyre, The House in the Alley and Sleepaway Camp Collector’s Edition. Eleven more films are coming this Summer including Ravenous (6/3), The Monkey’s Paw (6/17), The Final Terror (7/1), Lake Placid Collector’s Edition (7/8), Deadly Eyes (7/15), Ginger Snaps (7/22), The Phantom of the Paradise Collector’s Edition (8/5), Without Warning (8/5), Motel Hell Collector’s Edition (8/12), Leviathan (8/19), and The Legend of Hell House (8/26).
Scream Factory is unleashing two promotional stunts to further excite and engage horror film fans about their slate. Details are as follows:
The Summer of Fear “Drive-In” Theater Experience on June 6th, 13th and 20th. For these 3 Fridays in June, viewers will be treated to a special live online screenings of select films at summeroffear.com and Scream Factory’s official YouTube channel youtube.com/ScreamFactoryTV. Viewers will be able to interact with Scream Factory and fans during the broadcast. On summeroffear.com, fans can socialize using #summeroffear on Twitter. On YouTube, fans can post comments on the player page.
The viewing experience attempts to recreate the retro drive-in theater feel, with coming attractions, vintage refreshment ads and more. The webcast will include never-before-seen exclusive interstitials from talent associated with the films covering topics related to the films being screened.
Here’s the webcast schedule:
- Friday, June 6th (7PM PST): Assault on Precinct 13 presented by Director John Carpenter
- Friday, June 13th (7PM PST): Night of the Demons presented by Director Kevin Tenney and actress Amelia Kinkade
- Friday June 20th (7PM PST): Witchboard presented by Director Kevin Tenney.
The Summer of Fear “Six Pack” Sale runs the month of June:
- Throughout the month, weekly deals on six selected Scream Factory releases will be offered, with some films seeing their lowest price points ever.
- Exclusive custom-made Scream Factory-branded drink coasters will be offered with the purchase of sale items, while supplies last.
- The sale items will be communicated to fans on Facebook and Twitter.