On August 25th, Miramax Films and Buena Vista Home Entertainment will release a story of the most hilariously awful job in the world that turned into the most unforgettable summer of a young man’s life, when Adventureland comes to DVD. To celebrate the release, FilmFetish is giving away 2 copies of the Adventureland DVD to two lucky readers.
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered to win this and all other contests, your eNews profile must be updated with your current mailing address, not just your email. CLICK HERE for further details and instructions on how update your existing profile, if necessary. Only eNews subscribers are eligible for contest prizes. Sign up for free RIGHT HERE.
In order to be entered into the random drawing for your free copy of Adventureland, you must also:
- Reply to this post, and tell us, of the films you already know – or expect – are headed to theaters in 2011, which one your most looking forward to right now.
I’ll be running this contest through the release date of August 25, 2009.
More About Adventureland
The most hilariously awful job in the world turns into the most unforgettable summer of a young man’s life in Adventureland, coming to Blu-ray Hi-Def and DVD from Miramax Films and Buena Vista Home Entertainment. Director Greg Mottola follows up his runaway hit comedy Superbad with an irreverent and insightful look back at the summer of 1987 and that last bittersweet moment between college and the “real world.” Available in Two-Disc Blu-ray Hi-Def, Two- Disc DVD and Single-Disc DVD, Adventureland will keep viewers in stitches long after the summer is past with its outrageous comedy and array of “funtastic” bonus features. The Blu-ray Hi-Def edition also includes a Digital Copy of the movie that can be viewed on an array of electronic devices.
The film boasts a fresh young cast with impeccable comedy pedigrees including Jesse Eisenberg (The Squid and the Whale), Kristen Stewart (Twilight), Martin Starr (Knocked Up), Bill Hader (Tropic Thunder), Kristen Wiig (Forgetting Sarah Marshall) and Ryan Reynolds (X-Men Origins: Wolverine). Its irresistible vintage soundtrack rolls back time more than two decades with great ‘80s pop songs by iconic music acts of the era, including The Cure, David Bowie, Crowded House, INXS, Lou Reed and more.
Bonus Features For Adventureland
Both the Blu-ray Hi-Def and Two-Disc DVD editions of Adventureland include these exciting bonus features:
- Deleted Scenes – With optional audio commentary by writer and director Greg Mottola
- Audio Commentary – With writer/director Greg Mottola and actor Jesse Eisenberg
- Just My Life: The Making Of Adventureland – Director and writer Greg Mottola sits down to reveal how his real life experiences helped inspire his unique comic vision for Daytrippers,
- Superbad, Arrested Development and now Adventureland. Cast members Jesse Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart, Ryan Reynolds, Bill Hader and Martin Starr also talk candidly about what shaped them into who they are today, including the worst job they ever had.
- Picture Music Selection
DVD and Blu-ray Release Date: August 25, 2009
Below is the trailer and some hilarious video clips from the film.
Featurette: Jesse (Bonus)
Behind the Scenes: Angry Grandfather (Bonus)
Featurette: Ball Tap 1 (Bonus)
Featurette: Orientation 2 (Bonus)
- Categories: News
- People / Bands: Bill Hader | David Bowie | Greg Mottola | INXS | Kristen Stewart | Kristen Wiig | Lou Reed | Martin Starr | Ryan Reynolds | The Cure
- Shows / Movies: Adventureland | Crowded House | Forgetting Sarah Marshall | Jesse Eisenberg | Knocked Up | The Squid and the Whale | Tropic Thunder | Twilight | X-Men Origins: Wolverine
- Genres: Comedy | Teenage
- Story Types: Contests | Home Theater | Snapshots | Video > Trailers