Disney has released its Comic-Con 3-D heavy lineup, and the studio confirmed that it will showcase 3-D footage of the new Tron film, along with 3-D clips from Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland and Robert Zemeckis’ A Christmas Carol.
Directors Robert Zemeckis and Tim Burton will join Tron producers Sean Bailey and Steve Lisberger on Thurs., July 23rd, for the groundbreaking event, then on Friday, an animation panel will feature legendary animators Hayao Miyazaki (Spirited Away, Howl’s Moving Castle, upcoming Ponyo) and John Lasseter, along with veteran animation directors Lee Unkrich, Kirk Wise, Ron Clements and John Musker.
Disney also released a brief synopsis of Tron:
Tron (working title) In Disney Digital 3D Tron is a 3D high-tech adventure set in a digital world that’s unlike anything ever captured on the big screen. Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund), the tech-savvy 27-year-old son of Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges), looks into his father’s disappearance and finds himself pulled into the same world of fierce programs and gladiatorial games where his father has been living for 25 years. Along with Kevin’s loyal confidant (OLIVIA WILDE), father and son embark on a life-and-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.
To see all of the events I’ve posted for San Diego Comic-Con 2009 so far, CLICK HERE.
- Tags: 3d technology | San Diego Comic-Con 2009
- People / Bands: Garrett Hedlund | Hayao Miyazaki | Jeff Bridges | John Lasseter | John Musker | Kirk Wise | Lee Unkrich | Robert Zemeckis | Ron Clements | Tim Burton
- Shows / Movies: A Christmas Carol | Alice in Wonderland | Howl's Moving Castle | Ponyo | Spirited Away | Tron
- Genres: Animation | Fantasy | Science Fiction | Sequels
- Story Types: Events | News