The folks over at Sci-Fi Wire have posted even more grand events that will be happening at Comic-Con San Diego between July 22nd and 26th. Keep in mind that the full list of events hasn’t been published yet, so some of these events and/or times could change.
- It looks like James Cameron will return to Comic-Con to promote Avatar. He’ll have footage from his upcoming 3-D sci-fi epic to show. According to the report, Comic-Con is rumored to be trying to equip the San Diego Convention Center’s massive 6,500-seat Hall H with 3-D projectors to accommodate Avatar’s clips.
- Peter Jackson is scheduled to make his first-ever appearance at San Diego Comic-Con. He’ll have footage from District 9, the sci-fi film he produced, that Neill Blomkamp directed.
- Warner Brothers is expected to promote (and hopefully bring first footage from) the films Jonah Hex, The Book of Eli, The Box and Ninja Assassin, the Wachowski brothers’ and James McTeigue’s martial-arts epic, which is said to be filled with an incredible amount of bloody action, which should more than make up for Speed Racer. I would be incredibly shocked if Andy and Larry Wachowski themselves show up, as they aren’t known to enjoy promotion. However, this is a fan event after-all, so let’s see. Nothing was mentioned about who was showing in the Sci-Fi Wire piece.
- ABC’s Lost executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse are promising some surprise guests from the show. Rumor is that former cast members Maggie Grace, Ian Somerhalder, Dominic Monaghan or others could show up in the final season, so let’s see who strolls up on that stage.
- There is a pilot screening of the sci-fi series V in Room 6A, the show featuring Firefly’s Morena Baccarin as an alien queen. The show doesn’t launch on television until January 2010.
- Disney will reportedly bring several movies to the festivities, with the highlight being a 3-D screening of footage from the Tron reboot. The sneak footage of the light-cycle race last year was merely demonstration footage!
- HBO is expected to show up with cast members from the hit vampire series True Blood.
- The anticipated ABC fall series FlashForward, from The Dark Knight writer David Goyer and Star Trek and 24 producer Brannon Braga, will have clips and cast members, including Joseph Fiennes, John Cho, Jack Davenport and Sonya Walger, along with Goyer himself and show runner Marc Guggenheim.
- At 4 p.m. on Friday in Ballroom 20 there will be a screening of Epitaph One, the unseen episode of Fox’s Dollhouse that was produced for the upcoming DVD. The report states that the episode doesn’t fall within the present-day continuity of the show – that it’s set in the future and features an appearance by Felicia Day, who played Penny in Joss Whedon’s Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog.