On March 24, 2009, Paramount Home Entertainment will release another DVD from the Centennial Collection – Alfred Hitchcock’s classic cat and mouse thriller To Catch A Thief. The 2-disc sets include all-new bonus features and a beautifully designed eight page photo memorabilia booklet. Get ready for Oscar winners Grace Kelly and Cary Grant, in the cinema classic To Catch A Thief.
To celebrate the release of the film, FilmFetish.com is giving away two copies of the DVD Set to readers. In order to be entered in the random drawing, here’s what you need to do:
- As always, you need to be a member of, or sign-up for our eNews, if you’re not already. CLICK HERE to do that. It’s totally free.
- Reply to this post, and tell us the name of the best Hitchcock film ever.
I’ll be running this contest through the release date of March 24th. Good Luck!
More about the release
To Catch a Thief, a romantic thriller from master of suspense Alfred Hitchcock, takes Oscar winners Grace Kelly and Cary Grant to glorious, glamorous Monaco. Cat burglar John Robie (Grant) has retired in style, but a recent rash of jewelry thefts matches his M.O. To prove his innocence, he will have track down the real thief, but besotted American debutante Frances Stevens (Kelly) keeps getting in his way. To Catch a Thief’s breathtaking shots of the soaring Monegasque coastline earned an Academy Award for Best Cinematography, in addition to the film’s nominations for Best Art Direction and Best Costumes.
To Catch a Thief will be available in a two-disc set including an eight-page collectible booklet and additional all-new bonus material. Launched in November 2008, The Paramount Centennial Collection features some of the most treasured films from Paramount’s nearly 100 year history, digitally mastered so they can be enjoyed for generations to come.
To Catch a Thief on DVD will be presented in widescreen format enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 2.0 Surround; English, French and Spanish Mono; and English, French and Spanish subtitles. Bonus material includes:
- Feature film
- Commentary by Dr. Drew Casper, Hitchcock film historian (new)
- A Night with the Hitchcocks (new)
- Unacceptable Under the Code: Film Censorship in America (new)
- Writing and Casting To Catch A Thief
- The Making of To Catch A Thief
- Behind the Gates: Cary Grant and Grace Kelly (new)
- Alfred Hitchcock and To Catch A Thief: An Appreciation
- Edith Head: The Paramount Years
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- If You Love To Catch A Thief, You’ll Love this Interactive Travelogue
- Photo Galleries