Magnolia Pictures’ Magnet Releasing will release Chocolate, the new martial arts action thriller from Ong Bak director Prachya Pinkaew, in theaters this Friday, February 6th, and then on DVD and HDNet Ultra VOD, next Tuesday, February 10th. To celebrate the release, the distributor is giving FilmFetish.com DVD copies of the film to give away to readers.
In order to be entered in the random drawing, here’s what you need to do:
- As always, you need to be a member of, or sign-up for our eNews, if you’re not already. CLICK HERE to do that. It’s totally free.
- Reply to this post, and tell us the name of the best martial arts film ever made.
I’ll be running this contest through Tuesday, February 10, 2009, so good luck!
More about Chocolate
Prachya Pinkaew, director of Ong Bak: The Thai Warrior, returns with Chocolate, an explosive new martial arts masterpiece starring his new protégé, “Jija” Yanin Vismistananda, who spent five years training for the role.
Jija plays Zen, a young autistic girl who grows up next to a Muay Thai boxing studio and is raised on a steady diet of chocolate and marathon viewings of Tony Jaa and Bruce Lee films. Zen’s father, a Japanese gangster, has been driven out of the country by a rival Thai gang, so her mother has been forced to raise her alone.
It becomes clear over time that Zen has miraculously absorbed formidable Muay Thai techniques from watching the boxers next door and repeated viewings of martial arts classics. When Zen’s mother is diagnosed with cancer and the cost of treatments prove overwhelming for the family, Zen sets out with her cousin on a violent mission to collect debts from the corrupt gangsters that owe her mother money.
Featuring death-defying stunts and a charming newcomer who is sure to blow the minds of martial arts fans everywhere, Chocolate represents Prachya’s proper follow-up to the smash success of Ong Bak.
Check out the kinetic trailer for Chocolate below.
- Categories: News
- Tags: Asian film | Muay Thai boxing
- Genres: Action | Martial Arts | Thrillers
- People / Bands: Bruce Lee | Jija Yanin Vismistananda | Prachya Pinkaew | Tony Jaa
- Shows / Movies: Chocolate | Ong Bak
- Story Types: Contests | News | Snapshots | Video > Trailers