I posted last week that Warner Records is releasing a 12” vinyl picture disc of My Chemical Romance’s powerful cover of Bob Dylan’s Desolation Row, recorded exclusively for the upcoming feature film Watchmen, tomorrow, on January 27th.
Well I placed orders immediately for three copies, and I’ve decided to give away one of these ultra-cool items to a reader.
Even if you don’t have a turntable, this is a keeper, and I am feeling a bit gluttonous keeping all three copies to myself. I’m not a DJ after all – well usually not.
Those of you familiar with how we run contests around here know that in order to be entered in our random drawings, you need to follow a few simple rules. So to be entered into the random drawing for a copy of the 12” vinyl picture disc of My Chemical Romance’s cover of Bob Dylan’s Desolation Row, here are the three things you need to do:
- As always, you need to be a member of, or sign-up for our eNews, if you’re not already. CLICK HERE to do that. It’s totally free.
- Reply to this post, and tell us the name of the best comic book adaptation ever made up to now.
- In the same reply above (should be the same reply, or we might not know you answered both questions), tell us what will be the BEST comic adaptation of 2009. This may be a simple one, but feel free to choose any one you want.
I’ll be running this contest through Wednesday, February 11, 2009, a few days after New York Comic-Con. Good Luck!
More about Watchmen
A complex, multi-layered mystery adventure, Watchmen is set in an alternate 1985 America in which costumed superheroes are part of the fabric of everyday society, and the “Doomsday Clock” — which charts the USA’s tension with the Soviet Union — is set at five minutes to midnight. When one of his former colleagues is murdered, the washed-up but no less determined masked vigilante Rorschach sets out to uncover a plot to kill and discredit all past and present superheroes. As he reconnects with his former crime-fighting legion — a ragtag group of retired superheroes, only one of whom has true powers — Rorschach glimpses a wide-ranging and disturbing conspiracy with links to their shared past and catastrophic consequences for the future. Their mission is to watch over humanity…but who is watching the Watchmen?
Watchmen will be released nationwide on March 6, 2009.
Below are the front and back of the My Chemical Romance album cover.
The video below features My Chemical Romance frontman Gerard Way, creator of Dark Horse’s The Umbrella Academy (and fellow SVA alum!), fills in for Blair Butler on Fresh Ink Online. Gerard takes us through some of his all-time favorite comics, including Kill Your Boyfriend, The New Frontier, and Zombie World: Champion of the Worm. But it’s when he unearths rarities No. 5 and The Biologic Show, things get trippy.
- Categories: News
- Tags: comics | The Biologic Show | The Umbrella Academy
- People / Bands: Alan Moore | Alex Tse | Billy Crudup | Bob Dylan | Carla Gugino | Dave Gibbons | David Hayter | Deborah Snyder | Gerard Way | Herbert W. Gains | Jackie Earle Haley | Jeffrey Dean Morgan | Lawrence Gordon | Lloyd Levin | Malin Akerman | Matthew Goode | My Chemical Romance | Patrick Wilson | Thomas Tull | Tyler Bates | Wes Coller | Zack Snyder
- Shows / Movies: Desolation Row | Watchmen | Zombie World: Champion of the Worm
- Genres: Action | Adventure | Comic Based | Crime | Musical
- Event Names: New York Comic Con
- Story Types: Contests | Events | News | Snapshots