Today in a special video message from the Abu Dhabi set of Star Wars: Episode VII, director J.J. Abrams announced the creation of Star Wars: Force for Change, a new Star Wars initiative from Disney and Lucasfilm dedicated to finding creative solutions to some of the world’s largest problems. The first Star Wars: Force for Change campaign will raise funds and awareness for the United Nations Children’s Fund’s (UNICEF) Innovation Labs and its innovative programs that benefit the world’s most vulnerable kids.
Disney has committed $1 million to support the launch of Star Wars: Force for Change. Fans can now contribute directly for a chance to appear in Star Wars: Episode VII. For each $10 contribution made through the Omaze fundraising platform, eligible participants will be automatically entered for a chance to win this once-in-a-lifetime experience. The campaign starts today and runs through 11:59 PM PST on July 18th, 2014.
The Star Wars: Force for Change Grand Prize includes:
- Airfare and accommodations to London for one winner and a guest
- Behind-the-scenes access on the closed set of Star Wars: Episode VII as VIP guests of J.J. Abrams
- Winner will have the opportunity to meet members of the cast
- Winner and their guest will then be transformed by makeup and costume teams into a Star Wars character and filmed for a scene in Star Wars: Episode VII
Enter for your chance to win at Omaze.com/StarWars.
- Categories: News
- Tags: Star Wars: Force for Change
- Formats: Video
- Genres: Action | Cult Cinema | Fantasy | Science Fiction | Sequels | Thrillers
- People / Bands: J. J. Abrams
- Shows / Movies: Star Wars | Star Wars: Episode VII
- Story Types: Snapshots