Over the summer of 1976, thirty-six bombs detonated in the heart of Cleveland during a turf war between Irish mobster Danny Greene (Ray Stevenson) and the Italian mafia. Based on a true story, Kill the Irishman chronicles Greene’s heroic rise from a tough Cleveland neighborhood to become an enforcer in the local mob. Turning the tables on loan shark Shondor Birns (Christopher Walken) and allying himself with gangster John Nardi (Vincent D’Onofrio), Greene stops taking orders from the mafia and pursues his own power. Surviving countless assassination attempts from the mob and killing off anyone who went after him in retaliation, Danny Greene’s infamous invincibility and notorious fearlessness eventually led to the collapse of mafia syndicates across the U.S. and also earned him the status of the man the mob couldn’t kill.
Written and directed by Jonathan Hensleigh, Kill the Irishman also stars Val Kilmer, Paul Sorvino and Linda Cardellini, in a film inspired by Rick Porello’s true crime account To Kill The Irishman: The War That Crippled The Mafia.
Here is the poster for Jonathan Hensleigh’s Kill the Irishman.
Check out the trailer for Kill the Irishman below.
- Categories: News
- Formats: Video
- People / Bands: Christopher Walken | Danny Greene | John Nardi | Jonathan Hensleigh | Linda Cardellini | Paul Sorvino | Ray Stevenson | Rick Porello | Val Kilmer | Vincent D'Onofrio
- Characters: Shondor Birns
- Shows / Movies: Kill the Irishman
- Genres: Action | Biography | Crime
- Story Types: Imagery > Still Images | Video > Trailers