From Glass Eye Pix, the maverick production company responsible for the cult genre films The Last Winter, I Sell the Dead, and The House of the Devil, comes a new venture in the macabre.
Inspired by the classic radio shows of Alfred Hitchcock, Boris Karloff , Peter Lorre, and Orson Welles, Tales From Beyond the Pale is a half hour downloadable audio program featuring notable thespians including Vincent D’Onofrio, Ron Perlman, Angus Scrimm, Shea Wigham, James Le Gros, Joe Swanberg and Kevin Corrigan.
Hosted by Glass Eye Pix chief Larry Fessenden, each thirty-minute episode is written and directed by one of today’s horror auteurs including Joe Maggio (Bitter Feast)¸ JT Petty (The Burrowers, Soft For Digging), Graham Reznick (I Can See You, The Viewer), Paul Solet (Grace), Ashley Thorpe (The Hairy Hands, Scayrecrow), Simon Rumley (The Living and the Dead, Red White and Blue), Jeff Buhler (Midnight Meat Train, Insaintarium), and Sarah Langan (Author of The Keeper, The Missing).
Conceived during a fog-drenched car ride by Fessenden and frequent collaborator Glenn McQuaid (I Sell the Dead, effects supervisor on The Roost and The Last Winter), this project continues the mission at Glass Eye Pix to celebrate individual voices in the arts and to re-assert the broad palette of moods that comprise the horror story.
Glass Eye has commissioned Gary Pullin to design the logo and website and a unique poster for each tale, evocative of illustrated one sheets from the 60’s or pulp comic covers from Marvel and EC. Each Tuesday for ten weeks a new episode will be unleashed, and with it, another Pullin original.
Today, to celebrate the launch of this new Glass Eye Pix venture, a very special video from the notorious animator Voltaire will be released, featuring theme music by award winning composer Jeff Grace (Stake Land, Meek’s Cutoff, The House Of The Devil). Rushed into release for the Halloween Season, the first episodes of Tales From Beyond the Pale will only be available through the website, but will soon be downloadable from iTunes, Amazon and other outlets. In December, all of Season One will be presented in a deluxe CD package in time for Christmas.
Tales From Beyond The Pale — Season 1
- Man On The Ledge By Joe Maggio (Bitter Feast) with Vincent D’onofrio (Men In Black, Full Metal Jacket)
- Is This Seat Taken? By Sarah Langan (Author Of The Missing, And Audrey’s Door) with Joe Swanberg (A Horrible Way To Die)
- This Oracle Moon By Jeff Buhler (Insanitarium) with Ron Perlman (Hellboy, I Sell The Dead), Doug Jones (Pan’s Labyrinth, Hellboy)
- The Conformation By Paul Solet (Grace)
- Johnny Boy By JT Petty (The Burrowers, S&Man) with Shea Wigham (Boardwalk Empire, Splinter), Amy Seimetz (A Horrible Way To Die)
- The Grandfather By Graham Reznick (I Can See You, The Viewer) with Angus Scrimm (Phantasm, I Sell The Dead)
- British And Proud By Simon Rumley (Tred, White And Blue)
- The Hole Digger By Larry Fessenden (The Last Winter, Wendigo) with James Le Gros (The Last Winter, Zodiac), Kevin Corrigan (The Last Winter)
- Trawler By Glenn Mcquaid (I Sell The Dead) with AJ Bowen (The House Of The Devil, A Horrible Way To Die), Larry Fessenden (Habit, I Sell The Dead)
- The Demon Huntsman By Ashley Thorpe (The Hairy Hand) with Michael Cerveris (Sweeny Todd (On Broadway), Stake Land, Fringe)
Find out more about Tales From Beyond the Pale at talesfrombeyondthepale.com.
- Tags: Tales From Beyond the Pale
- People / Bands: AJ Bowen | Alfred Hitchcock | Angus Scrimm | Gary Pullin | Glenn McQuaid | James Le Gros | Joe Swanberg | Larry Fessenden | Michael Cerveris | Orson Welles | Paul Solet | Ron Perlman | Sarah Langan | Shea Wigham | Vincent D'Onofrio
- Genres: Cult Cinema | > Horror
- Story Types: News | The New Frontier