VIZ Media has announced the launch of a brand new anime series – Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan – will stream on the company’s anime website. The first subtitled episode of the new fantasy action-adventure series about a junior high school student that is part human and part yokai (supernatural demon), premiered for free after the series debut in Japan; free new episodes will be simulcast mere hours after it airs in Japan each Monday.
Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, based on the best selling Nurarihyon no Mago manga series in Japan, is being offered under the Shonen Jump imprint, home to other exciting properties including Bleach and Naruto. While the day belongs to humans, the night belongs to yokai, supernatural creatures that thrive on human fear. Caught between these worlds is Rikuo Nura. He’s three-quarters human, but his grandfather is none other than Nurarihyon, the supreme commander of the Nura clan, a powerful yokai consortium. So, Rikuo is an ordinary teenager three quarters of the time, until his yokai blood awakens. Then he transforms into the future leader of the Nura clan, leading a hundred demons.
Other series currently featured on VIZAnime.com include Bleach, Buso Renkin, Death Note, Honey And Clover, Hikaru No Go, Inuyasha, Inuyasha: The Final Act, Kekkaishi, Nana, Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, One Piece and The Prince Of Tennis.
Watch the episodes at vizanime.com.
- Categories: News
- Tags: broadband | Shonen Jump | streaming video
- Genres: Animation | Television
- People / Bands: Buso Renkin
- Shows / Movies: Bleach | Death Note | Hikaru No Go | Honey and Clover | Inuyasha | Inuyasha: The Final Act | Kekkaishi | Nana | Naruto | Naruto Shippuden | Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan | One Piece | The Prince of Tennis
- Story Types: News | The New Frontier