Thought I’d start the new year off right, with a fun new contest for you guys.
This Friday, January 8th, Freestyle Releasing, IM Global and Epic Slap are releasing the action flick Bitch Slap in theaters and VOD. Bitch Slap pays homage to classic grindhouse and cult cinema, and is described as a post-modern, thinking man’s throwback to the “B” Movie/Exploitation films of the 1950’s through the 70’s, as well as a loving, sly parody of the same. Inspired by the likes of Dragstrip Girl, Faster Pussycat, Kill, Kill, Kung Fu Nun and the pantheon of Blaxploitation films, Bitch Slap will mix girls, guns, outrageous action and jaw-dropping visuals with a message…don’t be naughty!
To celebrate the release of the film, producers are providing FilmFetish with some cool collectible swag to give away to readers.
- One lucky Grand Prize Winner will win a Bitch Slap Prize Pack, which includes a Bitch Slap movie poster autographed by stars Julia Voth, America Olivo, Erin Cummings, Kevin Sorbo and Zoe Bell, along with a complete 11 card collectible Bitch Slap Card Set.
- One 2nd Prize Winner will receive a signed mini-sheet poster, which includes the autographs of the girls of Bitch Slap.
- And one 3rd Prize Winner will get a unsigned movie poster from the film.
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered to win this and all other contests, your eNews profile must be updated with your current mailing address, not just your email. CLICK HERE for further details and instructions on how update your existing profile, if necessary. Only eNews subscribers are eligible for contest prizes. Sign up for free RIGHT HERE.
In order to be entered into this random drawing, you must also:
- Reply to this post and name the six best Cult Classics from my multi-page list RIGHT HERE.
I’ll be running this contest through Wednesday, January 20, 2010.
More about Bitch Slap
At its core, Bitch Slap follows three bad girls (a down-and-out stripper, a drug-running killer and a corporate powerbroker) as they arrive at a remote desert hideaway to extort and steal $200 Million in diamonds from a ruthless underworld kingpin. Things quickly spin out of control as allegiances change, truths are revealed, other criminals arrive for the score, the fate of the world hangs in the balance and they are forced to confront a villain much worse than they ever expected…themselves. It’s the ultimate morality tale as, one by one, they realize the whole she-bang was a set-up and one of them may not even be human.
What also makes Bitch Slap different is a complicated “B” story device that runs throughout the film to illuminate character, backstory and relationship histories not previously revealed. Like the film Memento, these scene flashbacks take place in reverse, so by the end of the film, you have a wholly different take on who these women are and why they are behaving so badly. Bet you never saw that in Jailbait Babysitter.
So grab your popcorn and fasten your safety belt. With “Cult Classic” written all over it, Bitch Slap is gonna be one wild ride.
Check out the trailer for Bitch Slap below.
Check out this hilarious and sexy parody commercial for the film.
Find out more about Bitch Slap at the film’s website, www.bitchslapmovie.com.
Here are previews of what you have a chance to win.
- Tags: movie websites
- People / Bands: America Olivo | Erin Cummings | Julia Voth | Kevin Sorbo | Zoe Bell
- Shows / Movies: Bitch Slap | Dragstrip Girl | Faster Pussycat Kill Kill | Jailbait Babysitter | Kung Fu Nun | Memento
- Genres: Action | Blaxploitation | Cult Cinema | Exploitation | Grindhouse | Parody
- Story Types: Contests | Home Theater | Snapshots