On Tuesday January 5th, Walt Disney Studios will release 10 Things I Hate About You 10th Anniversary 2-Disc DVD. Academy Award winner Heath Ledger (Best Supporting Actor, 2008, Dark Knight) makes his American screen debut opposite Julia Stiles (the Bourne trilogy) with Joseph Gordon-Levitt (500 Days of Summer) and Gabrielle Union (Cadillac Records). An inspired update of William Shakespeare’s classic comedy The Taming of the Shrew, the film’s entertaining tale of rocky romance between a pair of unconventional teens is an enduring favorite as fresh and funny today as it was a decade ago.
To celebrate the new release, FilmFetish is giving away 2 copies of the DVD to readers.
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered to win this and all other contests, your eNews profile must be updated with your current mailing address, not just your email. CLICK HERE for further details and instructions on how update your existing profile, if necessary. Only eNews subscribers are eligible for contest prizes. Sign up for free RIGHT HERE.
In order to be entered into the random drawing to win a free copy of the 10 Things I Hate About You 10th Anniversary 2-disc DVD Edition, you must also:
- Reply to this post and name your favorite six films from my list of British comedies RIGHT HERE (or six that you’ve watched will suffice). In this contest you’ll be favored for adding some details, so add some info on the movies, if you’re so inclined, such as directors, stars, year of release, etc.
I’ll be running this contest through Friday, January 8, 2010.
More About 10 Things I Hate About You
A high-spirited, high school contest of wit and will marks a milestone when 10 Things I Hate About You 10th Anniversary Special Edition comes to Blu-ray™ Hi-Def and DVD on January 5, 2010 from Touchstone Pictures Home Entertainment. An inspired update of William Shakespeare’s classic comedy “The Taming of the Shrew,” the film’s entertaining tale of rocky romance between a pair of unconventional teens is an enduring favorite as fresh and funny today as it was a decade ago. Both the Two-Disc Blu-ray Hi-Def and DVD editions of 10 Things I Hate About You 10th Anniversary Special Edition includes never-before-seen screen test footage of Heath Ledger, cast interviews, and more. Academy Award® winner Heath Ledger (Best Supporting Actor, 2008, Dark Knight) makes his American screen debut opposite Julia Stiles (the Bourne trilogy) as the independent, smart-mouthed girl of his dreams, with Joseph Gordon-Levitt (500 Days of Summer), Larisa Oleynik (Broken Windows), David Krumholtz (the Harold and Kumar movies), Gabrielle Union (Cadillac Records) and Larry Miller (Get Smart) completing the talented company of actors.
Padua High sophomore Bianca Stratford (Larisa Oleynik) has two invitations to the prom and one big problem: her father (Larry Miller) won’t let her go unless her older sister Kat (Julia Stiles) agrees to attend as well. It looks like both girls are staying home, since independent and unconventional Kat has no interest in going—until she meets the school’s mysterious new bad boy Patrick Verona (Heath Ledger). What she doesn’t know is that her sister’s suitors (Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Andrew Keegan) have ponied up $300 to convince Patrick to woo her. Just as Patrick realizes he has unexpectedly fallen for his “assignment,” Kat finds out about the scheme and Patrick has to launch an all out campaign to win her back. Inspired by Shakespeare’s “The Taming of the Shrew,” 10 Things I Hate About You takes a witty and contemporary look at the eternal battle between the sexes, high-school style.
- Audio Commentary features co-writers Karen Lutz and Kirsten Smith, along with stars Andrew Keegan, David Krumholtz, Larisa Oleynik and Susan May Pratt, discussing their experiences on the project, and working with each other.
- 10 Things I Love About 10 Things I Hate About You 10 Years Later centers on how this high school teenage romance film turned into a cult hit. The featurette discusses the literary references from the film, the young actors who played the main roles, and how music was integrated into the film. Included are interview segments with director Gil Junger, along with writers Kirsten Smith and Karen Lutz who reflect on how this teen comedy came to be. Also included is never-before-seen behind the scenes footage, original cast interviews, deleted scenes, and personal photos from the writers’ scrap books.
Director: Gil Junger
Writers: Karen McCullah Lutz, Kirsten Smith, based on William Shakespeare’s play The Taming of the Shrew
Cast: Heath Ledger, Julia Stiles, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Larisa Oleynik, David Krumholtz, Andrew Keegan, Susan May Pratt, Gabrielle Union, Larry Miller, Daryl Mitchell, Allison Janney, David Leisure
Original U.S. Release Date: March 31, 1999
Blu-ray Release Date: January 5, 2010
- People / Bands: Allison Janney | Andrew Keegan | Daryl Mitchell | David Krumholtz | David Leisure | Gabrielle Union | Gil Junger | Heath Ledger | Joseph Gordon-Levitt | Julia Stiles | Julia Styles | Karen Lutz | Karen McCullah Lutz | Kirsten Smith | Larisa Oleynik | Larry Miller | Susan May Pratt | William Shakespeare
- Shows / Movies: 10 Things I Hate About You | The Taming of the Shrew
- Genres: Comedy | Cult Cinema | Drama | Romance | Teenage
- Story Types: Contests | Home Theater | Snapshots