This September marks the World Premiere of La Soga, which is set to screen at The Toronto Film Festival. La Soga has the distinction of being the first movie ever from the Dominican Republic to screen at the prestigious international festival.
Josh Crook (The Fittest, Sucker Punch) directed La Soga from a script by the film’s star, Manny Perez. The film is described as an edgy, action-drama, combining the gritty reality of movies like City of God and Amores Perros. It is the personal journey of a brave man who risks everything to find justice, set against the bare brutality and corruption of neighborhoods in the Dominican Republic and Washington Heights, New York.
La Soga stars Manny Perez, Denise Quinones, Juan Fernández, Paul Calderon, Hemky Madera, Alfonso Rodríguez, Joseph Lyle Taylor, Margo Martindale, Fantino Fernandez and Jaime Tirelli.
Below are the screening dates and times, if you’re attending the festival:
Saturday, Sept. 12 at 7pm
Wednesday, Sept. 16 at 3pm
Saturday, Sept. 19 at 5pm
AMC Yonge and Dundas
10 Dundas Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5B 2G8
The Toronto Film Festival runs from September 10-19, 2009
Below is a gritty trailer for the film.
Find out more about La Soga at www.lasogamovie.com.
Find out more about the Toronto Film Festival at tiff.net.
- Tags: film festivals | film premieres | film screenings | Toronto Film Festival
- People / Bands: Alfonso Rodríguez | Denise Quinones | Fantino Fernandez | Hemky Madera | Jaime Tirelli | Joseph Lyle Taylor | Josh Crook | Juan Fernandez | Manny Perez | Margo Martindale | Paul Calderon
- Shows / Movies: Amores Perros | City of God | La Soga | Sucker Punch | The Butcher's Son | The Fittest
- Genres: Action | Crime | Thrillers
- Story Types: Events | Trailers