Those of us attending Wizard World Philly will be excited to know that Sony Pictures is sponsoring an advanced screening of Blood: The Last Vampire tomorrow night at 7pm, in Room 201A. The screening is free for con patrons.
Blood: The Last Vampire, directed by Chris Nahon – who helmed Jet Li’s Kiss of the Dragon – follows the exploits of a vampire named Saya, who is part of covert government agency that hunts and destroys demons in a post-WWII Japan. The film is based on the Japanese anime Blood. On July 10th, Samuel Goldwyn Films will officially open Blood: The Last Vampire in select cities across the U.S.
Wizard World Philadelphia – which features guests including Garth Ennis (creator of the comic Hellblazer, on which Constantine was based), Ray Park (actor from Star Wars: Episode One, the upcoming G.I. Joe adaptation), Kristanna Loken (the Terminatrix from Terminator 3), and Luciana Carro (from Battlestar Galactica), along with a video gaming expo – starts Friday, and runs through Sunday, June 21st, at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. CLICK HERE for more info and to buy tickets to the event.
- Tags: fan conventions | film screenings | Pennsylvania Convention Center | Wizard World
- People / Bands: Chris Nahon | Garth Ennis | Jet Li | Kristanna Loken | Luciana Carro | Ray Park
- Shows / Movies: Blood: The Last Vampire | Constantine | Hellblazer
- Genres: Action | Horror | Vampires
- Story Types: Events | News