For one week only, now through May 26th, twelve of Steve McQueen’s most thrilling crime thrillers and adventure yarns, will be screening at the famed Walter Reade Theater at New York City’s Lincoln Center. From the hopped up car chase of Bullitt, to the seminal Sam Peckinpah heist thriller The Getaway, to the rarely screened – and unavailable on DVD – An Enemy of the People, this is a rare chance to see the charismatic star on the big screen on the best prints available. I browsed the FilmLink website, and in fact all prints are either Studio, Remastered or New, which means New Yorkers (including me) are in for a real treat the next few days.
As if that weren’t enough, there will be special appearances by actress Candice Bergen (from The Sand Pebbles), legendary director Norman Jewison (who directed The Cincinnati Kid and The Thomas Crown Affair), actor Robert Vaughn (who appeared in Bullitt and The Towering Inferno), director Peter Yates (who directed Bullitt) and many more. This is an extraordinary opportunity to watch McQueen’s unforgettable classics on the big screen.
CLICK HERE for a complete schedule and to purchase tickets.
- Categories: News
- Tags: film screenings | Lincoln Center | Walter Reade Theater
- People / Bands: Candice Bergen | Norman Jewison | Peter Yates | Robert Vaughn | Sam Peckinpah | Steve McQueen
- Shows / Movies: An Enemy of the People | Bullitt | The Getaway
- Genres: Action | Crime | Cult Cinema | Drama
- Story Types: Events | News