Variety reports that Universal will release The Incredible Hulk on Blu-ray day-and-date internationally on October 13, 2008, which is ahead of the October 21st U.S. DVD release. This marks the first time a Universal Blu-ray release will hit store shelves day-and-date internationally.
The move is part of a push from Universal to boost Blu-ray sales overseas. The studio is also scheduled to release its films Wanted, Hellboy 2: The Golden Army and Mamma Mia! day-and-date on DVD and Blu-ray later this year.
The Incredible Hulk depicts the events after Dr Bruce Banner’s exposure to Gamma Radiation. It follows Dr. Banner as he seeks a cure to his unique condition, which causes him to turn into a giant green monster under emotional stress. While on the run from the U.S. military, which seeks to capture him, Banner comes close to a cure. But all is lost when a new creature emerges – The Abomination – and Banner must fight the unstoppable beast.
Here are the complete specs for both the DVD and Blu-ray releases:
BONUS FEATURES – SPECIAL EDITION DVD AND BLU-RAYTM HI-DEF:
- Alternate Opening
- The Making of THE INCREDIBLE HULK: An in-depth look at the making of the blockbuster film, featuring interviews with Edward Norton, director Louis Leterrier, and producers Avi Arad, Kevin Feige and Gale Anne Hurd and the entire cast and crew. The documentary covers the film’s innovative take on the character, look and storyline, as well as the casting process, production and profile of director Louis Leterrier.
- Becoming The Hulk: This featurette focuses on Edward Norton’s approach to the iconic role and the incredible visual effects employed by award®-winning studio Rhythm & Hues to create the character on screen.
- Becoming The Abomination: From the first motion-capture session to the visual effects at Rhythm & Hues, viewers go behind the scenes with actor Tim Roth and watch as he transforms both his mind and body into the super villain known as The Abomination.
- Anatomy of a Hulk Out: Behind-the-scenes looks at three of the movie’s most exciting action sequences:
- Hulking Out in the Bottling Plant – Go inside the first action sequence of the film where both viewers and the army are given a glimpse of the Hulk to come.
- Hulking Out on Campus – A behind-the-scenes look at the creation of a Hulk action sequence, featuring airplanes, guns, and even a sound machine.
- Hulking Out in Harlem – From pre-visualization animatics to visual effects, this featurette shows how filmmakers created one of the largest action sequences in Marvel film history.
- From Comic Book to Screen: See the incredible comic books come to life courtesy of narration, sound effects and “living” panels of action.
- Feature Commentary With Director Louis Leterrier And Cast
- Digital Copy of THE INCREDIBLE HULK: Compatible with PC, Mac or iPod.
- Deleted Scenes
BONUS FEATURES – EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAY:
- U Control: Universal’s exclusive signature feature, U Control puts viewers one click away from going deeper into the making of the film without ever interrupting the movie, through animated comic book panels, storyboards, early renderings of the visual effects, interactive cast and crew interviews and exclusive information about the characters, back story, and THE INCREDIBLE HULK physics.
- Thunderbolt Files – Explore the top-secret files of the forces hunting The Hulk with this interactive feature that takes you deeper into the movie – without ever leaving the film.
- Scene Explorer – Discover the secrets behind the special effects! Explore all the individual layers that go into an effects-intensive scene with this unique Blu-ray feature.
- Comic Book Gallery – Enjoy a Hi-Def experience of the classic comic book images that inspired key shots in the movie.
- BD-LIVE FEATURES – Blu-ray and Playstation3 players with an Internet connection can access exclusive interactive applications that allow viewers to communicate with friends and family while watching the film:
- My Chat – Plug your player into your Internet connection and connect to BD-Live to chat with friends while watching the movie and conduct your very own private screening discussions.
- My Scenes Sharing – Share your favorite clips through the BD Live Internet connection