- Cast: Clint Eastwood | Gian Maria Volontè | Marianne Koch
- Directors: Sergio Leone
- Project Name A Fistful of Dollars
- Composers Ennio Morricone
- Product Types: Music & Spoken Word
- Lines: Cult Cinema Icons | Record Store Day Editions (RSD)
- Formats: Vinyl
- Genres: Action | Adventure | Crime | Cult Cinema | Western
- Studios: Cinevox
- Original Release Date: January 18, 1967
- Product Release Date: June 5, 2020
- Rating: R
- More: Clint Eastwood | Ennio Morricone | Sergio Leone
Record Store Day 2020 Edition.
Year 1964. Almost out of nowhere, the little-known and regarded director Sergio Leone transposes into a western key a film by Akira Kurosawa, and by putting together all the right pieces, adding a bit of intuition, lays down new rules for the ‘spaghetti western’ genre, giving way to an endless series of imitations.
“A Fistful of Dollars” would not have the same impact without the inimitable music written by Ennio Morricone, who had curiously been an old elementary school Leone’s classmate. The main soundtrack themes were chosen from two arrangements that Morricone had already drafted two years earlier; once removed the lyrics and added the unmistakable whistle of Alessandro Alessandroni, the spaghetti-sound was finally complete!
The film was an incredible success, and projected Leone, Morricone, and in particular the actor Clint Eastwood into the Olympus of the Great. The soundtrack was released for the first time the following year (1965), along with the one of Sergio Leone’s subsequent work “For a Few Dollars More”.
- 10 inch pressed on red vinyl & housed in a gatefold jacket
- Limited to 750 copies
- Titoli by: Ennio Morricone
- Per un pugno di dollari by: Ennio Morricone
- Quasi morto by: Ennio Morricone
- L'inseguimento by: Ennio Morricone
- La reazione by: Ennio Morricone
- Square dance by: Ennio Morricone
- Senza pietà by: Ennio Morricone
- Number of Discs: 1
- Material: red vinyl