Fox has announced the full list of activities taking place in support of Alien Day on April 26th, the studio’s promotional event supporting Ridley Scott’s upcoming Alien: Covenant and the re-launch of the franchise. For me, the most exciting development is that Alien & Aliens will return to movie theaters on April 26th across the U.S. In more than 20 cities, including Austin, New York, Los Angeles and Dallas. Participating Alamo Drafthouse locations, as well as partner venues, will showcase a double-feature presentation of the iconic sci-fi horrors. Alamo Drafthouse is producing the nationwide screening program. In Alamo locations, each pre-ordered ticket includes a Mondo-designed Alien T-shirt, released exclusively for the event screenings. Additionally, the screenings will be accompanied by exclusive Alien merchandise, including apparel, accessories, posters and records, all from Alamo’s pop culture house Mondo. Tickets for the screenings go on sale tomorrow. You can find a full list of participating theaters at AlamoAliens.com.
Additionally, there will be a 24 hour, fan-focused social media event on April 26th – a nod to LV-426, the planet from the iconic Alien films. Alien Day – which will use the hashtag #AlienDay426 – will see the kickoff the Alien: Ultimate Trivia Challenge, allowing fans to test their Alien knowledge, with chances to win prizes every 42.6 minutes on Twitter. Every 42.6 minutes a new Alien trivia question will be presented via the official Alien Anthology twitter account, @AlienAnthology. In advance of the contest kickoff, beginning at 12 AM ET on April 26th, fans will need to pre-register their Twitter handle at AlienAnthology.com.
Each trivia question will have various prize packages from 20th Century Fox’s Alien franchise licensing partners. To qualify to win the corresponding prize, participants must “Reply” to the initial “question tweet,” correctly answer the question, and use the #AlienDay426 and #Contest hashtags. A winner, or “winners” when multiple prizes are offered, will be selected for each of the questions.
Alien: Covenant, directed by legendary filmmaker Ridley Scott (Alien) and starring Michael Fassbender, will be released August 4th, 2017 by Twentieth Century Fox. Scott is working from a script written by Michael Green, John Logan and Jack Paglen. In addition to Fassbender, Alien: Covenant also stars Billy Crudup, Danny McBride, Demián Bichir, Katherine Waterston, Carmen Ejogo, Jussie Smollett, Amy Seimetz, Callie Hernandez, Benjamin Rigby and Alexander England.
In regards to the announcement, Jeffrey Godsick, President of Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products said, “The Alien franchise holds a special place not only within the universe of Fox but with movie enthusiasts across the galaxy.” Godsick added, “We noticed that fans of the Alien films were starting to rally around the calendar date of April 26th — given the connection to the planet LV-426. Quite simply, it gave us the idea to do something special on this day; to officially mark the occasion alongside fans and to build excitement online, in stores and once again, in theaters.”
The Alien film series starring Sigourney Weaver (Ellen Ripley) and directed by legendary auteurs Ridley Scott, James Cameron, David Fincher and Jean-Pierre Jeunet, is one of the most enduring horror sci-fi action franchises of all time. Winning multiple Academy Awards, these incredible films have spawned countless consumer product lines and launches, from apparel to video games to comic books and more.
Alien Day will also act as a launch pad for a boatload of licensed products being distributed by a slew of pop culture and athletic retailers, such as Reebok Alien Stomper Sneakers, new Alien related comic books, digital games, action figures and high-end collectibles. Dark Horse Comics, Funko, NECA, Sideshow Collectibles, Audible, Titan Books, Zen Studios and more than a dozen other pop culture company’s are joining forces to mark Alien Day. Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products has committed to Alien Day encompassing a wide range of activities and events.
Reebok to release an exact replica of the Alien High-Top Stompers worn by Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley. One of the most-requested licensed products, the Reebok Alien Stomper, as well as the mid top version worn by Lance Henrikson as the Android Bishop, are being released by Reebok in limited edition to mark Alien Day. The iconic movie sneakers will be available starting on April 26th at Reebok.com and select Reebok stores worldwide.
Alien Day product launches include:
- NECA will reveal the first ever Lieutenant Vasquez (Jenette Goldstein) and Newt (Carrie Henn) figures, along with the release of a Kenner toy-Inspired Ellen Ripley figure.
- Funko is set to release an Aliens Queen & Power Loader and Ripley figure set in the tradition of their wildly popular ReAction retro action figure series.
- Dark Horse Comics expounds upon Brian Wood and Tristan Jones’ ongoing Aliens comic book series with exclusive covers for participating retailers and a deluxe 30th anniversary hardcover version of the original Aliens series from 1986.
- Titan Books launches the brand-new novel Alien: Invasion (The Rage War book 2) by Tim Lebbon.
- Audible, is releasing a brand new audio drama called Alien: Out of the Shadows, starring Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner and Batman Begins) in his first audio role, Matthew Lewis (Harry Potter film series) and Corey Johnson (The Bourne Ultimatum). The audio book is described as a terrifying fight for survival and an intense struggle between human and artificial intelligence.
- Fox Digital Entertainment, in partnership with Zen Studios, will launch three digital pinball tables – called Alien Digital Pinball – via iTunes, Google Play, PlayStation Network, XBOX Live and Steam.
- DC Entertainment, together with Dark Horse Comics, will re-release the fan-favorite Batman VS Alien comics for the first time in over a decade
- Fright Rags, the horror apparel retailer, will release limited edition Alien-themed apparel
- Upper Deck will launch AlienS Anthology Collector Trading Card and the AlienS “Vs” Trading Card Game system
- Hot Toys, the Hong Kong-based collectible manufacturer is announcing an all-new Alien Ripley 1/6th figure
- Kotobukiya, the Japanese manufacturer unleashes an assortment of highly detailed collectables this spring including a 1:10 scale Warrior Drone ARTFX+ statue from AlienS and mini “Big Chap” figurines posed to strike up conversation around your home or office!
- Insight Editions, the illustrated pop culture book publisher, will release the trade edition of the Weyland-Yutani Report
- Sideshow Collectibles will release an all-new Alien Internecivus Raptus Statue.
- Super 7, the San Francisco based designer toy and apparel company has developed several toys in honor of the Alien DAY: Alien Muscle figures on card; Alien ReAction carrying case with exclusive Alien figure; Nostromo playset Kit Bash kit; Japanese vinyl Queen and AlienS Glassware
- Loot Crate, the monthly mystery subscription box for pop culture fans, will launch a limited-edition AlienS 30th Anniversary crate on 4/26 filled with exclusive merchandise, collectibles and more from all core licensee partners.
- Medicom Toy will release VCD (vinyl super deformed) Alien figure and retro style Alien figure via Diamond Comics.
- USAopoly will launch a pair of classic board games with a thrilling twist: Yahtzee Alien Vs. Predator and Clue: Alien Vs. Predator.
- Hollywood Collectibles to release a large-scale model of the Derelict from Alien, molded from an original model that H.R. Giger created for an exhibition in Las Vegas.
- Categories: News
- Tags: Alien Day | AlienDay426
- Formats: Gallery
- People / Bands: Ridley Scott
- Shows / Movies: Alien | Alien: Covenant
- Story Types: Contests | Events | News | Play Games | Imagery > Posters | Imagery > Still Images