New York Comic-Con and Namco Bandai have announced that Dai Sato and Katushiro Harada will be coming to this year’s New York Anime Festival at New York Comic-Con. Dai Sato is one of the biggest names in anime, having written Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Wolf’s Rain, Eureka Seven, Ergo Proxy, Eden of the East and Tekken: Blood Vengeance. Katushiro Harada is the godfather of Tekken. He’s worked on Tekken games for the past 16 years and currently is the leader of the Tekken Project as well as the Chief Producer working on the Soul Calibur series and Tekken X Street Fighter.
Sato and Harada will be at NYCC to introduce a special Q&A before and after a screening of the film Tekken: Blood Vengeance. A full-length 3D, CG Tekken slug fest, the movie will be shown in 3D as the capstone of the NYCC 2011 IGN Theater program at 1:30 PM on Sunday.
Check out the trailer for Tekken: Blood Vengeance below.
In Tekken: Blood Vengeance, the history and legacy of the characters from the Tekken universe are taken into a full length 3D movie, giving the opportunity for fans to learn more about the background of the most popular fighters in the franchise and their motivations for joining the famous King of The Iron Fist Tournament.
For a complete list of events and information on New York Comic-Con 2011, visit filmfetish.com/go/nycc2011.
- Tags: 3d technology | fan conventions | film screenings | gaming | Japanimation | Namco Bandai | New York Anime Festival | New York Comic Con | New York Comic-Con 2011 | Soul Calibur | Tekken X Street Fighter
- Formats: Video
- People / Bands: Dai Sato | Katushiro Harada
- Shows / Movies: Cowboy Bebop | Eden of the East | Ergo Proxy | Eureka Seven | Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex | Tekken | Tekken: Blood Vengeance | Wolf's Rain
- Genres: Animation | Anime
- Story Types: Events | Trailers