The Mark I, Mark II and Mark III armor suits-Iron Man armor from Iron Man and Iron Man 2, worn by Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark, and the 14 foot Iron Monger armor suit worn by Jeff Bridges as Obadiah Stane in Iron Man and the 14 foot AMP (Amplified Mobility Platform) Suit worn by Stephen Lang in Avatar, will be on display in Booth #1605 as Profiles in History, the world’s largest auctioneer of Hollywood memorabilia, along with Stan Winston Studio, pay tribute to the late visual effects legend Stan Winston at San Diego Comic-Con. Fans will be free to take pictures with these enormous iconic creations, meet Matt Winston, actor and son of Stan Winston and be treated to a special multimedia display.
“We are thrilled about hosting this tribute to the genius of Stan Winston, allowing the fans a once in a lifetime opportunity to see some of his awe-inspiring creations up close. This celebration of Stan’s visionary spirit will continue through the creation of the Stan Winston School of Character Arts, which, in conjunction with the Gnomon School of Visual Effects, will provide specialized training on techniques learned by the legendary creature effects pioneer,” said Joe Maddalena of Profiles in History.
Profiles in History will host this tribute in #Booth 1605 during regular Comic-Con hours as follows:
- Wednesday, July 21: 6:00PM – 9:00PM (Preview Night)
- Thursday, July 22 through Saturday, July 24: 9:30AM – 7:00PM
- Sunday, July 25: 9:30AM – 5:00PM
Comic-Con attendees are also invited to attend the special panel The Winston Effect, on Saturday, July 24th, from 5:30-6:30 p.m., in Room 7AB, followed by a Q&A. Creature and VFX luminaries will discuss Stan Winston’s impact on the art of Character Creation – past, present and future.
The panel will include messages from Jim Cameron and Tim Burton about a thrilling new Stan Winston endeavor. Panelists include John Rosengrant (Stan Winston Lifer and co-owner of Legacy Effects), Shane Mahan (Stan Winston Lifer and co-owner of Legacy Effects), J. Alan Scott (Animatronic Effects Supervisor and co-owner of Legacy Effects), Alec Gillis (Academy Award nominated co-founder of Amalgamated Dynamics, Inc.),Tom Woodruff, Jr. (Academy Award winning co-founder of Amalgamated Dynamics, Inc.), Howard Berger (Academy Award winning co-owner of KNB EFX), Van Ling (VFX Supervisor, problem-solver and troublemaker), Alex Alvarez (Founder and president, the Gnomon School of Visual Effects), and Matt Winston (Actor and co-founder of SWSCA).
- Tags: Amalgamated Dynamics | Comic Con International: San Diego (San Diego Comic Con) | Gnomon School of Visual Effects | KNB EFX | Legacy Effects | Profiles in History | San Diego Comic-Con 2010 | Stan Winston Studio | SWSCA
- People / Bands: Alec Gillis | Alex Alvarez | Howard Berger | J. Alan Scott | Jeff Bridges | Jim Cameron | Joe Maddalena | John Rosengrant | Matt Winston | Robert Downey Jr | Shane Mahan | Stan Winston | Stephen Lang | Tim Burton | Tom Woodruff Jr. | Van Ling
- Shows / Movies: Avatar | Iron Man (2008)
- Genres: Action | Comic Based | Thrillers
- Story Types: Events