The comedy filmmaking collective known as General Delight is celebrating their first anniversary with a screening of 10 of their short films featuring interactive elements (Hint: Phantom of the Opera sing-a-long).
Some of the shorts will include:
- A lascivious magician that makes husbands disappear and then beds their wives
- The awkward moments after an inter-racial swingers party
- Paula Deen facing off against the Busch Bean’s Golden Retriever
- A tribute to porn’s greatest boom operator
- A tickle fight that goes on for too, too long.
The event will feature cameos by Michael Cera (Juno, Superbad, Youth in Revolt) and Elaine Carroll (Very Mary-Kate) and others.
The event takes place on Saturday, June 26th, from 8:00-11:00 p.m., and will include a reception with an open bar at 9:30 p.m. It will be held at Synchronicity Space, located at 4306 Melrose Avenue, in Los Angeles, California.
The celebration is a culmination of General Delight’s creative output to date, a group which consists of four filmmakers based in Los Angeles and New York who make comedy shorts. They describe their work as, “An aurora borealis Disneyland fireworks display with a swim up bar, free refills”. Their videos are a balance between high and low, as they explore issues of technology, sexuality, pop culture and how we try to transcend our own confines through fantasy, imagination and techno music.
Find out more about this event at generaldelight.tumblr.com.