The new trailer for the horror film The Hills Run Red will premiere as part of Warner Brothers’ Trick or Treat panel on Thursday, July 24. Director Dave Parker and producer Robert Meyer Burnett will also be signing movie posters from the film at the Warner booth from 5:30pm-6:15pm on Friday, July 24th.
The Hills Run Red originally launched at the 2008 Comic-Con in San Diego, followed by a well-received sneak peak at the 2009 Fangoria Weekend of Horrors in Los Angeles and had its world premiere at the 2009 Seattle International Film Festival.
You’ve heard the story. The one about the goriest, bloodiest splatter fest ever, the one made in the ’80s but mysteriously lost. Flash forward to now: Young fright fans search for the secret location where the movie was shot, hoping to find the film. What they find is that the mysterious slasher flick is more than a movie. It’s real. And they’re its newest stars. The Hills Run Red with a whole new level of horror as the terrified cinephiles confront a demented killer who wears a nightmarish babydoll mask. Wait, Babyface is just a character from the movie, right? Wrong. He’s alive. He’s waiting. And he’s thrilled to meet fans who will die – slowly, gruesomely, shockingly – for his art. Roll camera!
The Matrix and V For Vendetta producer Joel Silver, along with Steve Richards (House of Wax, Gothika) and Erik Olsen (The Reaping, Return to House on Haunted Hill) serve as executive producers. Robert Meyer Burnett produced the film with John Carchietta, Roee Sharon Paled, Jonathan Tzachor and Carl Morano. Directed by Dave Parker (The Dead Hate the Living!), The Hills Run Red stars Sophie Monk (Click, Spring Breakdown), Tad Hilgenbrink (Lost Boys: The Tribe, Disaster Movie, American Pie Presents: Band Camp), Janet Montgomery (Wrong Turn 3) and William Sadler (Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, Eagle Eye).
The Hills Run Red, a gory new horror from Warner Premiere, debuts on DVD September 29, 2009.
DVD Bonus Material Includes:
- Commentary with Director Dave Parker, Writer David J. Schow and Producer Robert Meyer Burnett
- New Featurette – It’s Not Real Until You Shoot It: The Making of The Hills Run Red
Check out the DVD box art for The Hills Run Red below. Click on it for a larger version.
- Categories: News
- Tags: fan conventions
- People / Bands: Carl Morano | Dave Parker | Erik Olsen | John Carchietta | Jonathan Tzachor | Robert Meyer Burnett | Roee Sharon Paled | Sophie Monk | Steve Richards | Tad Hilgenbrink | William Sadler
- Shows / Movies: American Pie Presents: Band Camp | Click | Disaster Movie | Eagle Eye | Gothika | House of Wax | Lost Boys: The Tribe | Return to House on Haunted Hill | Spring Breakdown | The Dead Hate the Living | The Green Mile | The Hills Run Red | The Matrix | The Reaping | The Shawshank Redemption | V For Vendetta
- Genres: Horror
- Event Names: Comic Con International: San Diego (San Diego Comic Con)
- Story Types: Events | Home Theater | Imagery > Posters