Yesterday, G4 and Dark Horse Comics kicked off a search for the ultimate Comic-Con fan who will receive the opportunity of a lifetime – the chance to appear in G4’s special coverage of this year’s 40th Anniversary Edition of San Diego Comic-Con. One lucky winner will be selected as a “Special Correspondent” to G4 and join Attack of the Show hosts Olivia Munn and Kevin Pereira, as well as Comic Book Expert Blair Butler on the show floor. Dark Horse, one of the largest comic book publishers, with titles like Hellboy, Star Wars, Umbrella Academy, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Alien, will also welcome the winner as their official guest, granting access to their special event and more. To enter, fans are encouraged to create a video that demonstrates their pop culture knowledge and on-camera abilities. The “Con-Test” kicked off yesterday, and ends on June 22, 2009.
Once again, G4 will present special coverage of Comic-Con 2009 direct from the show floor. Last year’s attendance broke all records, topping 160,000 people and solidifying Comic-Con as one of the biggest pop culture conventions in the world. G4 and Dark Horse Comics will bring one lucky fan to the heart of it all and put them in the spotlight at this massive event devoted to comic books, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, movies, video games, TV and more. G4’s Kevin Pereira and Blair Butler will announce the winner live on Attack of the Show on June 29.
“G4 viewers are huge fans of Dark Horse Comics and Comic-Con is the perfect opportunity for us to team up,” said Neal Tiles, President, G4. “Comic-con is a major event for our audience and we are excited to reward the hard and true comic book fans with a chance to experience the phenomenon in person.”
- Fans must submit a video that demonstrates their knowledge and love of pop-culture.
- Submission dates: May 15, 2009 – June 22, 2009.
- Winner will receive airfare and accommodations for themselves and 1 guest to Comic Con ‘09
- Winner will have an opportunity to act as “Special Correspondent” for G4 and appear on air
- Winner and guest will each receive a Dark Horse grab bag valued at $600.
- Winner and guest will be given special access to all Dark Horse related events and signings.
Contestants will be judged on overall knowledge of all things pop culture, creativity and on-screen charisma demonstrated in their videos. G4 and Dark Horse Comics want to find the ultimate pop culture fanatic and stand-out personality who deserves this special Comic-Con opportunity. Videos must be at least 30 seconds in length and no longer than 10 minutes.
For official contest rules and to submit videos visit www.g4tv.com/comiccon.
- Tags: comics | Dark Horse | fan conventions | G4 TV | San Diego Comic-Con 2009 | Umbrella Academy
- People / Bands: Blair Butler | Kevin Pereira | Neal Tiles | Olivia Munn
- Shows / Movies: Alien | Attack of the Show | Buffy the Vampire Slayer | Hellboy | Star Wars
- Genres: Comic Based | Television
- Story Types: Contests | Events