The Batman Anthology will be available for the first time ever on Blu-ray HD on March, 10, 2009.
Jack Nicholson is The Joker, who emerged from a horrible accident as a maniacal criminal. Michael Keaton is the Caped Crusader, who emerged from a childhood trauma to become a masked crimefighter. Kim Basinger is Vicki Vale, the talented photojournalist desired by both men. And Batman is the movie, the all-out spectacular directed by Tim Burton, set to songs by Prince and a music score by Danny Elfman, and an Academy Award winner for Best Art Direction/Set Decoration (Anton Furst and Peter Young).
Batman Returns (1992)
Gotham City faces two monstrous criminal menaces: The Penguin (Danny DeVito), bizarre and sinister, and Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer), slinky and mysterious. Can Batman (Michael Keaton) battle two formidable foes at once? Especially when one wants to be mayor and the other is romantically attracted to Bruce Wayne? Like the groundbreaking 1989 original, Batman Returns is directed by the wizardly Tim Burton. And like the first blockbuster, it’s a dazzling adventure that leaves you breathless.
Batman Forever (1995)
Riddle me this, riddle me that, you’ll find adventure on the wings of a bat! Brace for excitement as Val Kilmer (Batman), Tommy Lee Jones (Two-Face), Jim Carrey (The Riddler), Nicole Kidman (Dr. Chase Meridian) and Chris O’Donnell (Robin) star in the third formidable film in Warner Bros.’ Batman series. Joel Schumacher directs and Tim Burton co-produces this thrill-ride of a movie that thunders along on Batmobile, Batwing, Batboat, Batsub and bold heroics. Hang on!
Batman & Robin (1997)
George Clooney plays the Dark Knight, facing his deadliest threat yet: cold-hearted Mr. Freeze (Arnold Schwarzenegger) and venomous Poison Ivy (Uma Thurman). Batman has more than Gotham City to protect: the youthful eagerness of crimefighting comrades Robin (Chris O’Donnell) and Batgirl (Alicia Silverstone) puts them frequently in harm’s way. New special effects include a wild sky-surfing sequence and Mr. Freeze’s outrageous arsenal of ice-blasting weapons. Joel Schumacher directs.
- The first four films that launched the Batman legacy and successful franchise are now available for the first time on Blu-ray!
- Batman is one of the Top 10 most successful franchises in motion picture history.
- The first four films grossed over $1 Billion at the box office Worldwide (over $450M Domestically) and have sold over 50M Gross Units to date!
- The Anthology includes a Digital Copy of Batman (The Movie) – download a full-length copy of the film to your iPod or PC.
- Over 18 hours of special features including documentaries from Directors Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher, deleted scenes and music videos.