Jaman, an online destination for high-def entertainment, has partnered with Cinetic Rights Management, a leading provider of strategic advisory services to the entertainment and media industries. The collaboration expands Jaman’s catalogue to more than 7000 films, including Oscar-winning documentaries and contenders from the world’s premiere film festivals. Now Jaman members can watch such independent hits such as Rob Epstein’s Oscar-winning documentary The Times of Harvey Milk and Whit Stillman’s Oscar-nominated Metropolitan.
“Jaman’s collaboration with Cinetic solidifies our commitment to provide compelling content to the independent film community,” said Gaurav Dhillon, CEO and founder of Jaman. “Through partnerships like this one, we are aggressively expanding our library with award-winning movies that are loved by our audience of film aficionados.”
As a respected name on the independent film circuit, Cinetic will also deliver hits premiered during film festivals in 2008, including James Westby’s Tribeca premiere The Auteur; the political documentary What’s Your Point Honey? from acclaimed producer Amy Sewell; and Slacker, which joined the roster of impressive independent features nominated for the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival.
“Cinetic Rights Management was founded to help great content reach a hungry audience,” said Matt Dentler, head of programming for CRM. “Through Jaman’s innovative platform we are able to effectively expand our global reach by delivering compelling films to independent film fans worldwide.”
Other Oscar winning and Academy Award nominated films on Jaman include:
- The Talented Mr. Ripley with Matt Damon and Gwyneth Paltrow
- There Will Be Blood starring Daniel Day-Lewis
- Girl with a Pearl Earring starring Scarlett Johansson
- The documentary Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
- Chinatown with Jack Nicholson and Faye Dunaway
- Gods and Monsters with Sir Ian McKellen
- Umbrellas of Cherbourg by Jacques Demy and starring Catherine Deneuve
- Madame Bovary by Claude Chabrol starring Isabelle Huppert
- Darren Aronofsky’s Requiem for a Dream
- Francis Ford Coppola’s The Conversation with Gene Hackman
Most recently, Jaman acquired nearly 3,000 titles of E1 Entertainment’s most renowned feature films and documentaries, episodic series and American TV classics. Other current content providers include Paramount Pictures, Lionsgate, BFI, Eros International, Magnolia Pictures, First Look Films, Arts Alliance America and BBC Worldwide America.