Netflix has revealed the opening credits sequence for the live-action Cowboy Bebop series, which is based on the cult-favorite original anime series and movie. The credits include numerous references to the original anime show, with nods to key story arcs and characters.
The colorful video framed in moving boxes also seems to pay tribute to classic crime noir thrillers such as the openings to Alfred Hitchcock’s Vertigo (1958) and Norman Jewison’s The Thomas Crown Affair (1968). Characters are featured in portraits and action shots, interspersed with animated elements. Composer Yoko Kanno, who wrote the original score for the 1998 anime film, has provided a fresh interpretation for the new series.
André Nemec – who recently wrote scripts for the long-in-development Beverly Hills Cop 4 and G.I. Joe: Ever Vigilant – serves as showrunner on the Netflix Cowboy Bebop adaptation, with original anime director Shinichiro Watanabe acting as a creative consultant. John Cho plays Spike Spiegel, Daniella Pineda as Faye Valentine, and Mustafa Shakir is Jet Black. Cowboy Bebop also stars Alex Hassell, Elena Satine, Blessing Mokgohloa, Molly Moriarty, Lucy Currey, Arlo Green, Rachel House and Alvin Maharaj.
The live-action Cowboy Bebop series premieres on Netflix November 19th, 2021.
- Categories: News
- Formats: Video
- People / Bands: Alex Hassell | Alfred Hitchcock | Alvin Maharaj | Andre Nemec | Arlo Green | Blessing Mokgohloa | Elena Satine | John Cho | Lucy Currey | Molly Moriarty | Mustafa Shakir | Rachel House | Shinichirô Watanabe
- Characters: Faye Valentine | Jet Black | Spike Spiegel
- Shows / Movies: Netflix Cowboy Bebop | Norman Jewison | The Thomas Crown Affair | Vertigo
- Genres: Action | Adventure | Anime | Comic Based | Fantasy | Science Fiction
- Companies: Netflix
- Story Types: Video > Clips and Scenes