From the depraved minds of directors Adam Rifkin (Detroit Rock City, The Dark Backward), Tim Sullivan (2001 Maniacs,VH-1’s Scream Queens), Adam Green (Hatchet, Frozen), and Joe Lynch (Wrong Turn 2, Knights of Badassdom), and in the tradition of the original Return of the Living Dead, Chillerama is a festival of gore and good times. It’s a midnight movie to the extreme, along with two hours of insightful and highly watchable unseen bonus features that delve deep into the creative process of these four directors of the macabre. If you can appreciate bad taste in your humor than Chillarama is for you.
Produced by ArieScope Pictures and channeling cult classics such as Dead of Night, Tales From the Crypt, Creepshow and Twilight Zone: The Movie, these four vignettes not only celebrate the golden age of B horror but also nearly the entire history of horror cinema itself. Chillerama’s segment titles say it all: Wadzilla, I Was A Teenage Werebear, The Diary of Anne Frankenstein, and Zom-B-Movie, and with appearances by Joel David Moore (Avatar, Hatchet), Lin Shaye (Insidious), Ray Wise (X-Men: First Class), Kane Hodder (Hatchet and Hatchet II), Eric Roberts (The Dark Knight, Sharktopus) and many more, Chillerama is a ride that must be taken at least once.
Bonus features on the Chillerama Blu-ray include:
- Directors’ Video Commentary is included for each segment.
- Wadzilla Deleted Scenes and Trailer includes seven scenes with unfinished effects, most of which survive in one form or another in the finished film. One scene contains a longer version of the monster attacking New York.
- The Making of The Diary of Anne Frankenstein is a documentary that primarily contains an extended interview with writer-director Adam Green, as well as interviews with star Joel David Moore and stunt coordinator Kane Hodder.
- I Was A Teenage Werebear features a “Behind the Scenes” segment with a well-organized history of the segment, along with interviews of writer-director Tim Sullivan, producer Brian McCulley, cast members, and other. There is also a “Deleted Scenes” segment with twelve extended scenes, as well as the trailer for I Was A Teenage Werebear.
- Zom-B-Movie Deleted Scenes features three deleted scenes from Zom-B-Movie, including “Deathication,” a segment showing more of Kaufman’s routine, as well as Kaufman giving romantic advice to his former employee Toby.
- Directors’ Interviews were conducted at San Diego Comic-Con on July 22, 2011.
- Trailers are included for the entire Chillerama anthology, I Was a Teenage Werebear, and Wadzilla.
Check out clips and images from Chillerama below.
Chillerama – Film Clip: I Was a Teenage Werebear: “Bear Brawl”
Chillerama – Film Clip: I Was a Teenage Werebear: “Team Melvin”
Chillerama – Film Clip: The Diary of Anne Frankenstein
Chillerama – Film Clip: Wadzilla: “Classic Vein Twist”
Chillerama – Film Clip: Zom-B-Movie: “Blue Butter”