Sam Raimi is set to direct Earp: Saints for Sinners, an adaptation of a Radical Publishing graphic novel that Mandeville Films partners David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman are producing for DreamWorks, according to HeatVision. The Earp: Saints for Sinners movie will be based on a script by the graphic novel’s co-creator Matt Cirulnick (Paid in Full, TV’s South Beach).
Earp: Saints for Sinners re-imagines Earp — best known for the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, where he fought alongside his two brothers and Doc Holliday — set in a future in which he takes on outlaws in a ravaged society where the only boomtown left is Las Vegas.
The comic features illustrations by Mack Chater and Martin Montiel, and according to the report, Radical plans to officially unveil the film project this Thursday during its San Diego Comic-Con 2010 panel.
Sam Raimi’s next project will be a prequel of sorts of The Wizard of Oz, titled Oz, the Great and Powerful.
Radical Publishing has much to discuss at it’s SDCC panel this year. In addition to the Earp: Saints for Sinners project, the company recently struck a deal with Sam Worthington’s newly-formed production company Full Clip Productions to create a comic imprint, with an eye toward bringing written projects to the big screen. The first book from that deal is called Damaged, which Worthington is attached to star and produce.
The Radical Publishing SDCC panel will be held on Thursday, July 22nd, from 2:00-3:00 p.m., in Room 32AB.
Here is a description of the panel:
Hosted by Ain’t It Cool’s very own Harry Knowles, Radical Publishing presents an all-star panel lineup with plenty of surprises, special announcements, and a free raffle ticket for everyone who attends. Panel guests include Jimmy Palmiotti (Jonah Hex), co-creator and co-writer of Time Bomb; Rick Remender (Punisher), creator and writer for The Last Days of American Crime, soon to be a major motion picture produced by and starring Avatar’s Sam Worthington; Peter Milligan (Hellblazer), writer for After Dark, co-created by director Antoine Fuqua and Wesley Snipes; Arvid Nelson (Rex Mundi), writer for the upcoming Oblivion from TRON: Legacy director Joseph Kosinski; Nick Percival (Judge Dredd), creator and artist for Legends: The Enchanted, soon to be a major motion picture from Ron Howard’s Imagine Entertainment; David Hine (Spider-Man Noir), writer of Ryder on the Storm and FVZA; Matt Cirulnick (True Crime: New York City), creator and co-writer for Earp: Saints for Sinners; and Keith Arem (Call of Duty series), one of the gaming industry’s leading director/producers as well as co-creator for the upcoming Exile.
- Tags: Comic Con International: San Diego (San Diego Comic Con) | Radical Publishing | San Diego Comic-Con 2010
- People / Bands: Antoine Fuqua | Arvid Nelson | David Hine | David Hoberman | Harry Knowles | Jimmy Palmiotti | Joseph Kosinski | Keith Arem | Mack Chater | Martin Montiel | Matt Cirulnick | Nick Percival | Peter Milligan | Rick Remender | Ron Howard | Sam Raimi | Sam Worthington | Todd Lieberman | Wesley Snipes
- Shows / Movies: Damaged | Earp: Saints for Sinners | Oz the Great and the Powerful | Paid in Full | South Beach | The Last Days of American Crime | The Wizard of Oz
- Genres: Action | Comic Based | Science Fiction | Western
- Story Types: Events | News