A modern horror master pays tribute to the popular pastime of grave-robbing – and the good old days of fright films in I Sell the Dead, which hits DVD and Blu-ray today, March 16th. To celebrate the home video release of I Sell the Dead, FilmFetish is giving away five copies of the DVD to readers.
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered to win this and all other contests, your eNews profile must be updated with your current mailing address, not just your email. CLICK HERE for further details and instructions on how update your existing profile, if necessary. Only eNews subscribers are eligible for contest prizes. Sign up for free RIGHT HERE.
In order to be entered into this random drawing for a free DVD edition of I Sell the Dead, you must also:
- Reply to this post and name your six favorite Grindhouse films from my list RIGHT HERE.
I’ll be running this contest through Wednesday, March 31, 2010.
More about I Sell the Dead
Buried secrets will eventually resurface – along with the bodies that carry them – in I Sell the Dead, a horror movie that brings the fog-filled thrills of old to a new generation of fear fans. Produced by shock cinema master Larry Fessenden (The House of the Devil), who also co-stars. It was a time of ghouls, ghosts and most ghastly of all, the fine art of grave-robbing. In this homage to the rich gothic style of Britain’s Hammer Films, Dominic Monaghan (The Lord of the Rings, Lost, Flash Forward) stars as 19th century corpse snatcher Arthur Blake, who pilfered the cemeteries and coffins of England until his capture by police. But just before Blake is to meet the hangman’s noose, he will confess to a peculiar priest (Ron Perlman of Hellboy and Sons of Anarchy) his gruesome tale of vampires, zombies and cadaver-dealing that takes him from the savagery of the criminal underworld to the terrors of the undead.
Writer/Director: Glenn McQuaid (The Resurrection Apprentice)
Cast: Dominic Monaghan, Ron Perlman, Larry Fessenden, Angus Scrimm, John Speredakos, Eileen Colgan, Brenda Cooney, Daniel Manche, Joel Garland, James Godwin, Alisdair Stewart, Heather Robb, Aidan Redmond, Heather Bullock
DVD/Blu-ray Release Date: March 16, 2010
- People / Bands: Aidan Redmond | Alisdair Stewart | Angus Scrimm | Brenda Cooney | Daniel Manche | Dominic Monaghan | Eileen Colgan | Glenn McQuaid | Heather Bullock | Heather Robb | James Godwin | Joel Garland | John Speredakos | Larry Fessenden | Ron Perlman
- Shows / Movies: Flash Forward | Hellboy | I Sell the Dead | Lost | Sons of Anarchy | The Lord of the Rings | The Resurrection Apprentice
- Genres: Comedy | Cult Cinema | Grindhouse | Horror | Thrillers
- Studios / Manufacturers: Hammer Films
- Story Types: Contests | Home Theater | Snapshots