Terminator Salvation debuts on Blu-ray as a three-disc set this Tuesday. Disc one houses the theatrical edition of the film and special features, disc two contains the extended director’s cut and BD-Live functionality, and disc three offers a digital copy of the film.
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered to win this and all other contests, your eNews profile must be updated with your current mailing address, not just your email. CLICK HERE for further details and instructions on how update your existing profile, if necessary. Only eNews subscribers are eligible for contest prizes. Sign up for free RIGHT HERE.
In order to be entered into the random drawing for your free copy of Terminator Salvation, you must also:
- Reply to this post and name the five best sci-fi films from my multi-page list RIGHT HERE.
I’ll be running this contest through Friday, December 18, 2009.
More about Terminator Salvation
In the aftermath of Judgment Day and the machine takeover, resistance leader John Connor (Christian Bale) must counter Skynet’s plan to terminate mankind. Rallying his underground street fighters for a last, desperate battle, he realizes that to save the future he must rescue his own father Kyle Reese (Anton Yelchin). But the most shocking discovery comes with the arrival of Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington), a mysterious loner from the past who challenges Connor with an impossible choice and leads them both on a brutal journey into the heart of the enemy.
- The theatrical version of Terminator Salvation.
- WB Maximum Movie Mode – This feature contains the director McG, in front of a pair of screens that showcase the film on the left and behind-the-scenes elements on the right, which covers a broad range of information regarding the production, including the creation of special effects, interviews with the cast, footage from the set, and more. Also included is a pop-up timeline that places the events in the movie within a range between 1975 and 2032, along with interactive still galleries and storyboard comparisons.
- Focus Points an additional collection of 1080p behind-the-scenes segments
- Re-Forging the Future looks at how filmmakers both built on the existing Terminator lexicon and created a film with its own identity, and features the cast and crew speaking on the film’s look, its themes, the shooting locations, props, set design, and more.
- The Moto-Terminator centers on the creation of one of the biggest special effects and action sequences in Terminator Salvation.
- Disc 2 features an R-rated Director’s Cut of Terminator Salvation.
- BD-Live features
- Media Center
- Featured Content including:
– Resist or Be Terminated Video Archive
– Terminator Salvation Official Movie Prequel Digital Comic Issue #1
- My Commentary
- Live Community Screening
- Digital Copy of the theatrical version of Terminator Salvation.
DVD Version Features
The Moto-Terminator featurette is included with the DVD edition.
Producers: Moritz Borman, Jeffrey Silver, Victor Kubicek, Derek Anderson
Writers: John Brancato, Michael Ferris
Cast: Christian Bale, Sam Worthington, Anton Yelchin, Moon Bloodgood, Bryce Dallas Howard, Common, Jane Alexander, Helena Bonham Carter
Original Release Date: May 21, 2009
DVD and Blu-ray Release Date: December 1, 2009
- People / Bands: Anton Yelchin | Bryce Dallas Howard | Christian Bale | Common | Derek Anderson | Helena Bonham Carter | Jane Alexander | Jeffrey Silver | John Brancato | McG | Michael Ferris | Moon Bloodgood | Moritz Borman | Sam Worthington | Victor Kubicek
- Shows / Movies: Terminator Salvation
- Genres: Action | Science Fiction | Thrillers
- Story Types: Contests | Home Theater | Snapshots