Warner Bros. understands what’s at stake during the all-important summer box office season. This summer the studio is unleashing a batch of sci-fi spectacles and thrillers, filled with some of the biggest stars on the planet, including Edge of Tomorrow, Jupiter Ascending, Into the Storm and Godzilla (you can see preview images from Godzilla HERE). Film Fetish has compiled preview images and story lines from Edge of Tomorrow, Jupiter Ascending and Into the Storm, below, in preparation for may turn out to be the biggest summer film season ever.
Edge of Tomorrow
- Director: Doug Liman
- Writers: Screenplay by Christopher McQuarrie, Jez Butterworth, John-Henry Butterworth. Based on the novel “All You Need is Kill” by Hiroshi Sakurazaka
- Producers: Erwin Stoff, Tom Lassally, Jeffrey Silver, Gregory Jacobs, Jason Hoffs
- Executive Producers: Doug Liman, David Bartis, Joby Harold, Hidemi Fukuhara, Bruce Berman
- Cast: Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, Bill Paxton, Brendan Gleeson, Noah Taylor, Kick Gurry, Dragomir Mrsic, Charlotte Riley, Jonas Armstrong, Franz Drameh, Masayoshi Haneda, Tony Way
- Genres: Sci-Fi Thriller
The epic action of Edge of Tomorrow unfolds in a near future in which an alien race has hit the Earth in an unrelenting assault, unbeatable by any military unit in the world. Major William Cage (Tom Cruise) is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously dropped into what amounts to a suicide mission. Killed within minutes, Cage now finds himself inexplicably thrown into a time loop—forcing him to live out the same brutal combat over and over, fighting and dying again…and again. But with each battle, Cage becomes able to engage the adversaries with increasing skill, alongside Special Forces warrior Rita Vrataski (Emily Blunt). And, as Cage and Rita take the fight to the aliens, each repeated encounter gets them one step closer to defeating the enemy.
- Directors: The Wachowskis
- Writers: The Wachowskis
- Producers: Grant Hill, Lana Wachowski, Andy Wachowski
- Executive Producers: Roberto Malerba, Bruce Berman
- Cast: Channing Tatum, Mila Kunis, Sean Bean, Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth, Tuppence Middleton, Tim Pigott-Smith
- Genres: Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure
From the streets of Chicago to the far-flung galaxies whirling through space, “Jupiter Ascending” tells the story of Jupiter Jones (Mila Kunis), who was born under a night sky, with signs predicting she was destined for great things. Now grown, Jupiter dreams of the stars but wakes up to the cold reality of a job cleaning other people’s houses and an endless run of bad breaks. Only when Caine (Channing Tatum), a genetically engineered ex-military hunter, arrives on Earth to track her down does Jupiter begin to glimpse the fate that has been waiting for her all along—her genetic signature marks her as next in line for an extraordinary inheritance that could alter the balance of the cosmos.
Into the Storm
- Director: Steven Quale
- Writer: John Swetnam
- Producer: Todd Garner
- Executive Producers: Richard Brener, Walter Hamada, Dave Neustadter, Mark McNair, Jeremy Stein, Bruce Berman
- Cast: Richard Armitage, Sarah Wayne Callies, Matt Walsh, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Arlen Escarpeta, Max Deacon, Nathan Kress, Jeremy Sumpter, Kyle Davis, Jon Reep, Scott Lawrence
- Genres: Action Thriller
In the span of a single day, the town of Silverton is ravaged by an unprecedented onslaught of tornadoes. The entire town is at the mercy of the erratic and deadly cyclones, even as storm trackers predict the worst is yet to come. Most people seek shelter, while others run towards the vortex, testing how far a storm chaser will go for that once-in-a-lifetime shot. Told through the eyes and lenses of professional storm chasers, thrill-seeking amateurs, and courageous townspeople, “Into the Storm” throws you directly into the eye of the storm to experience Mother Nature at her most extreme.
- Categories: News
- Formats: Gallery
- People / Bands: Bill Paxton | Brendan Gleeson | Channing Tatum | Charlotte Riley | Christopher McQuarrie | Doug Liman | Dragomir Mrsic | Emily Blunt | Franz Drameh | Grant Hill | Hiroshi Sakurazaka | Jonas Armstrong | Kick Gurry | Lana Wachowski | Lilly Wachowski | Masayoshi Haneda | Mila Kunis | Noah Taylor | Richard Armitage | Sarah Wayne Callies | Sean Bean | Steven Quale | Tom Cruise | Tony Way
- Shows / Movies: Edge of Tomorrow
- Genres: Action | Comic Based | Science Fiction | Thrillers | War
- Story Types: Imagery > Still Images