TromaDance founder Lloyd Kaufman announced that the annual American Film Market’s TromaDance Press Conference will take place this year on November 4, 2010, at 3 pm in the Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel Press Room.
Now in its 12th year, the TromaDance Film Festival is considered a beacon for truly independent cinema. Each year, the fest showcases groundbreaking new movies from talented new filmmakers, all for free. In preparation for the event, the 2010 TromaDance Press Conference at the AFM will feature an impressive panel of celebrities, led by host Kaufman, presenting such topics as:
- The Soul of Independence Award will be bestowed upon one young filmmaker, for embodying the spirit of TromaDance.
- A first time presentation to the media, of break-out filmmakers Astron-6, who were discovered at TromaDance 2010 and have subsequently been hired to make their first feature-length film.
- A discussion on the state of independent art and filmmaking.
- Why the TromaDance Film Festival has moved from Park City, Utah to Asbury Park, New Jersey.
- Breaking news about the 2011 TromaDance Film Festival.
- The premiere of the brand-new TromaDance PSA.
As the largest film market for independent films, the American Film Market perfectly complements the ideals of TromaDance. In previous years, the TromaDance panel at the AFM has boasted the contributions of Jenna Fischer, Fred “The Hammer” Williamson, James Gunn, Mark Neveldine, Brian Taylor, Penelope Spheeris, and, of course, The Toxic Avenger, among others.
Inspired by South Park’s Trey Parker – who worked with Troma for his first independent film: Cannibal! The Musical – and founded in 1999 by Lloyd Kaufman, TromaDance is the first film festival completely devoted to filmmakers and fans. Unlike other film festivals, TromaDance does not charge filmmakers a fee to submit their films, and entrance to all screenings is free and open to the public. The organizers of TromaDance believe that films are meant to be seen, especially when it comes to new filmmakers.
The American Film Market – a premiere global marketplace for independently-produced films to get seen and purchased by Hollywood decision-makers – takes place from November 3 – 10, 2010, in Santa Monica, California.
Find out more about this year’s AFM at americanfilmmarket.com.
- Tags: American Film Market | fan conventions | film festivals | film screenings | indie films | TromaDance Film Festival | TromaDance Press Conference
- People / Bands: Brian Taylor | Fred Williamson | James Gunn | Jenna Fischer | Lloyd Kaufman | Mark Neveldine | Penelope Spheeris | Trey Parker
- Shows / Movies: The Toxic Avenger
- Story Types: Events | News