Originally Published: March 30, 2005
Meet the Fockers, the highest-grossing live-action comedy of all time, makes its DVD and VHS debut April 19, 2005 and includes a hilarious extended version of the film. In addition to an extra 15 minutes of sidesplitting laughter not included in the theatrical version, the DVD is packed with bonus material including 65 bloopers and 10 more deleted scenes. Meet the Fockers, the sequel to the 2000 comedy smash Meet the Parents, reunites Robert De Niro as ex-CIA operative Jack Byrnes; Ben Stiller as his future son-in-law, male nurse Greg Focker; Blythe Danner as Jack’s wife; and Teri Polo as Greg’s fiancee. But this time they’re joined by Hollywood icons Dustin Hoffman and Barbra Streisand as Greg’s eccentric and overbearing parents Bernie and Roz Focker. One of the most popular comedies ever, Meet the Fockers is ready to take its place on the shelf of all-time classics.
Meet the Bonus Features:
The Meet the Fockers DVD is packed with bonus materials that will keep viewers laughing long after the end credits roll, including:
- Bloopers – Laugh along with over 65 hilarious outtakes.
- Deleted Scenes – Over twenty hilarious deleted scenes increase the fun. Ten of these deleted scenes are placed back in the movie to create the Extended Edition version of the film.
- Focker Family Portrait – Dustin Hoffman, Barbra Streisand and Ben Stiller give an inside look at the Fockers’ outrageous family dynamics.
- Inside the Litter Box: Behind The Scenes with Jinx The Cat – On-set with America’s funniest feline.
- The Adventures of a Baby Wrangler – An exclusive look at what it takes to direct children on the set.
- The Manary Gland – Go behind the scenes with the prop master in the
creation of this unforgettable visual gag.
- Matt Lauer Meets the Fockers – Matt Lauer interviews the cast of Meet
- Feature Commentary with director Jay Roach
Universal’s Meet the Fockers promotional partners Pepperidge Farm, Alice White, and Savvi formalwear offer consumers hundreds of chances to win fabulous prizes.
Pepperidge Farm: Entertain Your In-Laws in New York and Meet Rachael Ray:
Pepperidge Farm will execute a nationwide sweepstakes program giving consumers a chance to win a three-day trip for six to New York to view an exclusive taping of celebrity chef Rachael Ray’s 30 Minute Meals on the Food Network, among other prizes. The program will be supported by:
- A free standing insert (FSI) reaching 20 million households that will
offer a valuable coupon good towards the purchase of Meet the
Fockers on DVD or VHS when a Pepperidge Farm frozen food product is
- DVD on-pack stickers promoting the nationwide sweepstakes on two
million units with an instant redeemable coupon for two dollars off
the purchase of any two Pepperidge Farm products.
- Freezer clings and point-of-sale corrugate lug-ons in top grocers
nationwide that will highlight the DVD’s release date.
Savvi Formalwear: Win a Black-Tie Wedding for up to 200 Attendants & Guests:
Formalwear specialist Savvi is offering consumers an opportunity to win tuxedo rentals for up to 200 attendants and guests. As part of the program, Meet the Fockers DVD consumers will also receive a $25 discount on tuxedo rentals. The DVD sweepstakes will be featured in millions of Meet the Fockers DVD inserts; promoted on Savvi’s website, www.savviformalwear.com; and be supported by full-page ads in Brides and Bridal Guide Magazine (May/June issue).
Alice White is Nuts for Meet the Fockers: Consumers who purchase wines from Australian winery Alice White will receive valuable discounts on Meet the Fockers DVDs. The program will be supported through major in-store product displays at grocery and drug stores nationwide. Additionally, over two million Alice White bottlenecks will feature the promotion.
See photos from Meet the Fockers, trailers and more in the Film Library RIGHT HERE »
Get a complete listing of recent DVD releases on our chart RIGHT HERE »