ReedPOP, the organizers of New York Comic Con (NYCC) and the inaugural New York Super Week (NYSW), have announced a partnership with Chevrolet and the app Uber that will offer attendees to this year’s New York Comic-Con special bonuses and contest prizes. As part of the partnership, Chevrolet has custom wrapped nine car models with iconic characters from comics, video games and literature that fans can Uber to events across the Big Apple. The specially wrapped vehicles have begun running and will be on the road through October 7th, the start of New York Comic-Con 2014.
Comic-Con fans have a chance to win exclusive access to prizes and collectibles through the partnership. For instance, those who ride in the New York Super Week Chevrolet Tahoe will be eligible to receive New York Comic-Con and New York Super Week t-shirts, tickets to New York Super Week events and much more, including the daily grand prize of 3-Day Passes to New York Comic-Con 2014.
Fans will also be eligible to win a trip to NYCC 2015 with VIP Tickets and a Chevy Car Exclusives Prize Pack through the “Chevrolet Gives You the Keys to NYCC” contest. Fans are encouraged to tweet creative photos of one of the cars, using the hashtag #ChevyNYCC. Following the completion of New York Comic-Con on Monday, October 13th, NYCC and Chevrolet will pick the 10 best photos as finalists.
“This is the first year that we’re bringing New York Comic Con out of the Javits Center with New York Super Week and this partnership allows fans to get to where they need to be throughout New York City,” said ReedPOP’s Larry Settembrini. “Having some of the biggest brands custom wrap these Chevrolet cars will truly let everyone know that New York Comic Con is here and add another layer of pop culture to the week!”
As part of the partnership, Chevrolet will wrap nine different vehicles that fans can Uber to New York Super Week, throughout New York City. Some of these cars will also be on display at the Javits center during NYCC. The full lineup of cars includes:
- BOOM! Studios – Chevrolet Cruze will be wrapped with various characters from Boom! Studios.
- Dark Horse – Chevrolet Volt will be wrapped in characters from the Fire & Stone comic book series featuring Aliens, Predator, Prometheus, and Alien vs. Predator.
- Image – Chevrolet Sonic will be wrapped with imagery from the new hit series WYTCHES, by comic superstars Scott Snyder and Jock.
- Valiant Entertainment – Chevrolet Equinox will be wrapped with artwork from the upcoming series The Valiant – by New York Times best-selling writers Jeff Lemire & Matt Kindt and Eisner Award-winning artist Paolo Rivera.
- IDW – Chevrolet Equinox will be wrapped with images of the famed Eric Shanower and Gabriel Rodriguez comic character Little Nemo.
- New York Super Week – Chevrolet Tahoe will be wrapped with New York Super Week artwork..
- Random House – Chevrolet Tahoe will be wrapped with classic characters and scenes from George R.R. Martin’s new book, The World of Ice and Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones.
- SEGA – Chevrolet Suburban will be wrapped with Sonic the Hedgehog and friends from SEGA’s upcoming Sonic Boom video games and animated series.
- TBS – Chevrolet Impala will be wrapped with characters from Seth McFarlane’s hit series American Dad.
New York Super Week takes place now through October 12th, leading into New York Comic-Con. The New York Super Week schedule offers fans access to dozens of special events including drink specials at venues and bars, discounts to citywide tours and in-store merchandise discounts at retailers including Midtown Comics and Discovery Times Square.
Since ReedPOP’s first New York Comic-Con event in 2006, the group has sought to produce exceptional experiences for passionate audiences and grow the industries surrounding these passions. This philosophy has led to burgeoning attendance, the support of major creators & publishers and partnerships with leading entertainment brands such as Lucasfilm (Star Wars Celebration), UFC (UFC Fan Expo) and Penny Arcade (PAX). ReedPOP’s events now reach 600,000 attendees, welcome 3,000 exhibitors, showcase 2,000 guests, and occupy 4,000,000 gross square feet across 15 conventions on four continents.
Follow these steps to take advantage of the special Uber/Chevy/New York Comic-Con promotion:
- Open up your Uber app
- Enter promo code: ChevyNYCC14
- Request ‘COMIC CAR’