“I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse,” said Don Corleone in the classic 1972 film “The Godfather.” Now, national on demand distributor iN DEMAND, in support of the cable industry’s Movies On Demand campaign, is giving movie fans an offer they won’t want to refuse – several ways to win during Awards Season without having to star in a nominated film.
Movie fans have a unique way to participate in Awards Season via a contest giving them starring roles. The Winning Movie Moments contest invites participants to recite some of the world’s most memorable movie lines from 10 award-winning films, including Casablanca (“Here’s looking at you, kid.”); Gone with the Wind (“As God is my witness, I’ll never be hungry again.”); Silence of the Lambs (“A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.”); There Will Be Blood (“I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!”), along with six other movie classics. The motivation? The winner will be the proud owner of a brand new 55” HD-3D TV.
Titles in the contest can now be seen on Movies On Demand in most cable systems around the country. Plus, many 2012 nominated and winning Awards Season films are available instantly on cable’s Movies On Demand.
Titles & Quotes in the Winning Movie Moments Contest include:
- Gone with the Wind (WB 1/24-3/12) – “If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I’ll never be hungry again.”
- Casablanca (WB – 1/24-3/12) – “Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.”
- Godfather – (Paramount 1/24-3/12) “I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.”
- Annie Hall (MGM 1/24-3/12) – “La-di-da, la-di-da, la la.”
- Ghost (Paramount 1/24-3/12) – “Molly, you in danger girl.”
- Silence of the Lambs (MGM 1/24-3/12) – “A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.”
- Forrest Gump (Paramount 1/24-3/12) “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.”
- Erin Brockovich – (Universal 1/24-3/12)“How about this for a number… 6, that’s how old my daughter is, 8 is the age of my son, 2 is the number of times I’ve been divorced, 16 is the number of dollars I have in my bank account.”
- Brokeback Mountain (Universal 1/24-3/12) – “I wish I knew how to quit you.”
- There Will Be Blood (Paramount 1/24-3/12) – “I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!”
To enter the contest, contestants simply visit rentmoviesondemand.com/moviemoments
for instructions on how to upload their video version of a famous movie line, and then share the clip on Facebook. A qualified panel of judges will select 10 finalists, and the public will vote online for the final winner Feb. 18-26. The winner will be announced the week of Feb. 27th.
Those who are a little camera shy still have other ways to get in on the action, with “List It!” – an awards-themed version of the Movies on Demand on Cable app now gives users a chance to rank past award-winners in major categories and win daily prizes redeemable toward Movies on Demand® on Cable movie titles. The ongoing app adds new categories weekly and is online at facebook.com/moviesondemand.
Until March, users can visit rentmoviesondemand.com/awards
to play a series of awards-themed trivia games powered by leading media entertainment company Exponential Entertainment, the creators of the soon to be released online movie game HollywoodPlayer. The MOD online destination is a rich resource for movie buffs eager to learn more about this year’s nominated movies and other titles currently available at the push of a button; often weeks before they can be rented by mail, kiosk or the traditional video store and frequently years before they are available via subscription streaming services.*