The New York Television Festival (NYTVF), in partnership with MSN and IFC, is holding its first-ever nationwide online Pitch Contest. Candidates will submit a one-minute video of their pitch ideas. See below for details.
We will stop accepting submissions after August 4 or 10,000 submissions, so submit early.
Ten finalists will be chosen to pitch their ideas live before an audience of industry and celebrity panelists during the 2006 NYTVF (September 12-17) at the IFC Center in New York City.
The winner will receive an $8,000.00 development deal from IFC and Rainbow Media.
Guidelines and Suggestions:
– We accept most digital cameras and camcorders in the .AV1, .MOV, and .MPG formats. We recommend Quicktime (.MOV) or Windows Media (.WMV).
– Frame size must be 320×240 pixels
– No submission may be longer than one minute.
– 15 MB file size limit
– Submissions must consist of one continuous take—no edits or cuts during the submissions are permitted.
– Submissions should ideally be a description of your show idea and not simply a staged scene from the show. It is permissible to perform briefly as a character or to stage a quick scene if it helps viewers get a better understanding of your idea, but these performances should not comprise the majority of your pitch. In short, we want you to be the star of your submission.
– Candidates may submit only once per week during the submission period
– No submission may contain more than one pitch
There is no fee to submit.
Get more info on the contest at nytvf.com/mytvshow.htm